4

You spent your time trying to exercise to at least improve your body. To stretching your arms upwards for a few times while in bed, to trying to walk around your room when you're alone. But really, it's hard when you're in the verge of coughing up blood every minute. And when you really have little to none privacy. There's tons and tons of knights and maids that accompany you when you go even somewhere remotely that's not your bedroom.

The old man, Doctor Leibum, you learnt of his name, was always there to accompany you with the orders of your parents. Your effort to walk outside to get yourself some fresh air for you body, became your most hated time. You're pampered like a little child star that's spoiled to the boot and you did not like that. Though physically a child, you're still mentally an adult and nothings going to change that.

So you really hated this.

Makes you want to go home more to be honest.

And when with your 'parents' it becomes worse. They're loving, yes they are, to their daughter of course and you're practically a strange here, not that they know. But if they were to know, you don't doubt they won't treat you like this. To them, their sickly only child who isn't supposed to live until 6, came back from the dead. Sure she lost her memories but that's okay, that's better than dying permanently.

"Look at her honey, she looks like a hamster."

But to you, you're suddenly sent to this hell hole as a child who's cursed with such illness that doesn't even have a cure. Surrounded by strangers and confused as to what's going on because being kidnapped and experimented by aliens is not even a plausible answer, you're stuck to this dilemma you don't even have an answer for.

And being oogled at while eating really isn't fun. You even got your cheek touched gently because your 'Mother' Adelaide had a sudden urge to do so, you're adorable she said and you couldn't agree more. Indeed you are cute, like those adorable little living dolls. With the same H/c and e/c eyes, at least you have some similarities in your past.

Due to your condition, you cannot walk around as much as you want and your parents did not want you getting worse than before so even your dinner is served in your bedroom. It's a given that your parents, knights, nanny and even doctor is there to watch you.

And because you're so cute, everyone would gush everytime you eat.

"Like a cute little chumpkin." The man who is now your father said with a chuckle, he's Viscount Albert L/N and he's as gorgeous as your supposed mother. No wonder you turned out cute.

But shit, this is embarrassing.

You took another bite. At least the food is delicious even when it's controlled by the doctor.

"So cute!"

Yeah, food is delicious. Probably the only thing you like here.

-

"The young lady seems so different now."

"That's right. After reviving from the dead, she doesn't act like a child anymore!"

"It might be a set back of coming back from the dead I guess?"

"I don't know why they asked to keep this miracle secret honestly."

"Shh! What if there's spies out here and leak the secret? We'd be cut by Sir Aaron!"

'There will be no spies here.'

It seems like the maids have a hobby to gossip in your room when you're asleep but there's no better way to get information you suppose. Oh you wish Calippa is here to scold them, that orange haired maid is the only person you promptly like along with your 'parents', nanny and Knight Aaron.

You're glad that she's technically your second nanny in a way.

So far, you have been gathering as many as information you can but it's difficult with your health. The medicine were bitter and the coddling you get suffocates you. Either way, you decided to listen more. It's kinda funny to hear them whisper and panic, damnit if only you're feeling well right now.

-

Curses to that lady in your nightmare, she has to be the answer. To make you suffer.

You coughed out blood, so hard that your lungs felt hurt. You wretched and vomited that your entire body had to curl itself up to atleast ease the pain. You didn't miss your mother's cries and your father's worried stare as your maid Calippe and nanny tries to wipe the traces of the blood and sweat in your face everytime you would stop for a breath.

Doctor Leibum could only wipe the sweat on top of his brow, silent because he doesn't know what to do either. You were supposed to die with that incurable disease of yours but no, you're here. Not that he meant anything bad.

The poor old man was suddenly grabbed by the collar by a very furious Knight. Instinctively he raised his arms in surrender, amongst the chaos in the bedroom he could only wallow in shame. He's a doctor and yet he can't do anything to save you, he failed once already and he thinks he's going to fail once again.

"Do something." Leibum's eyes clashed with Blue as Sir Aaron shook him to action. He understands the worry of the knight since he's been the person who's been guarding the young lady in her short life and had formed a connection akin to an uncle and niece. But really, he cannot do anything.

"I'm afraid I can't Sir Aaron." Leibum cannot forget the look of mortification in the knight's face and along with everybody else when you had stopped coughing, for the expense of you passing out.

Once again, they'd thought that you're going to die again.

-

You woke up to hear your mother's sobs and would occasionally hear your father's. Somehow that made you feel sad, they're really just strangers to you but you're not that evil to not feel anguish when hearing someone suffer and cry helplessly.

"Perhaps we should take her to the Empress and ask for guidance.." It seems like they didn't notice you waking up, not when you closed your eyes the moment you heard them speak. Your entire shit hurts so you can only lay down there.

"But we already took her once " Albert sounds as if he's tired but you could tell he wants to do it too.

"And the Empress who's the best doctor cannot even find a cure for our child Adelaide.." Albert wallowed and you swore you heard his voice waver.

"But isn't the Avenell family capable of everything? So why can't they find a way to heal our daughter?" That made you perk up, that sounds familiar. As if that was one of the last names in that crappy book you have last read before being plunged to this hell hole.

No no, you might have misheard it.

"The Avenells aren't Gods Adelaide but.." You could no longer contain yourself, you are right.

"I wish they were."

Fuck.