2

It was dark, very much so. It's cold too then not even hot a second later, it'd be hot, transitioning to an uncomfortable changes of temperature. You tried to move your body instinctively to comfort yourself but it seems whatever is holding your body down cannot even allow such simple thing.

Paralyzed, unable to comfort yourself, unable to open your eyes, a feeling of floating within an infinite void, cannot hear, you're beyond confused and terrified of what's happening. It felt like you're drowning but you can't do anything at all and there's nothing more scary than being unable to prevent your own death.

"You're probably confused right now." Your head felt like it's suddenly pulled out of the ocean and like before, you cannot even gasp. You can breath but felt lighter to breath now. But the daming part was that you're unable to respond. Unable to even get your head straight or think of an answer on where did the woman come from.

"I would too if I were in your position." There's a slight condescending tone in her voice, you did not like her voice. It's as if it's grating your ears with it's noise, "Staying rude as ever aren't you?"

You don't know what she meant by that or whatever triggered that sentence but she did sound offended, though her voice turned a tad bit pleasant.

Silence.

"Right now, we're in a place." She started, her voice a lot closer, "In a place you don't need to know about."

She's messing with you. If you were able to move, you would've shaken the answer out of her already but no, you cannot even do such a mundane movement of moving your eyeball.

"Anyways, we're running out time. But I want to tell you this." Her voice descended into a hiss, "That this is the price you pay for that- Insolent. Rude. Pathetic. Attitude of yours."

What's with this sudden slander? You do not know the person nor where did she come from, nor what is even happening in the first place. This has to be a nightmare, you concurred but hell that won't stop you from speaking. You cannot talk, you cannot move but damn hell will you let this person slander you without you saying anything.

"What in the hell did I even do for you talk shit to me like that?" You sneered, the woman is pissing you off. You're compliant before because of your fear but it seems like you're suddenly able to spit your own shit too. Apparently, you just need to get angry enough to counter this mute challenge.

You don't know her nor knew anything about her, heck it's the first time you met her. You aren't that person she described you to be, you're jovial with others unless they pissed you off. Then maybe this one had really pissed you off some time you don't remember because dang, she sure is seething. It's as if you killed her whole bloodline.

"Oh? You can talk now?" She didn't answer your question but really, she's pissing you off every second she speaks with her grating voice.

"Of course I have a mouth." If only you were able to open your eyes and hands -

"Tsk. I would've smacked that annoyed mouth of yours but never mind."

- You would've been the person to do that to her.

"I'll just let you suffer." Her voice felt as if she's drifting away and you realize that she wasn't the one drifting away, you're the person who's drifting away.

You're falling.

"In a place you cannot...."

What is she trying to say?

-

You sat up with a gasp, hand outstretching in an urgent attempt to hold onto something. You felt air rush back to your lungs, your voice vocalizing a yelp, and your limbs moving to your command.

Suddenly it isn't dark, nor cold yet warm on every passing second. All you felt was comfort and a soft surface where you rested upon. Your eyes opened, panting and shivering when you finally registered what had just happened.

Your hands cradled your heart that is beating far too fast, your mind drifted back to the mysterious woman in your dream. Who was she? What's her problem and what did she mean?

What was she trying to say?!

Make you suffer? In a place you cannot WHAT?!

No, you shake your head, that has just to be a nightmare because here you are, breathing and living. You're back in your own room, the electricity is back, you're about to send the email -

A sudden creaking of a door then a second later -

A gasp and the sound of what sounds like platter falling down the floor.

"It's a miracle." A voice.

You turned your head and saw an old man with White coat.

That moment you realize, you aren't in your room. There is no familiar mauve ceiling, no electronics, bookshelves containing your edited books, no Television.

You swore you fainted that moment, far too overwhelmed on what's happening and your brain had now fully shortcircuited.

-

"The young lady is in shock." The same old man you saw before, explained. He stood a few feet from your bed after examining you, you summarized that he's a doctor. A rather traditional one you might say, then yet again the place you're in is very Victorian itself.

Everyone sports this Versailles worthy fashion and dresses, thankfully they don't look and smell like they only bathe once in their entire life. They actually look good and their hair is not shaped like boats or peacocks, they're actually some intricate hairstyles you see in Lord of the rings movies. Meaning, they look like they came out straight from movies, except they don't look like they're pretending.

To their hair, jewels, clothes and down to the room, it was far too true. You didn't know that rubies were this pretty in personal.

But that's not the point, everything was far too genuine that you can't even think of it as a prank nor a dream, you've been pricked  with a needle by the Old man and you bled, not waking up from this dream. This is reality after all, you concluded.

That's not all.

This body you reside in isn't 'yours', it's different. Lighter physically but really, you haven't felt this sick and uncomfortable since you were a child. And that was right.

Because you're not only in a different body, not only was it a child but sick too.

Terminally ill and was supposedly dead.

A few moments ago.