°•♡•° / 6

—— Seori

In the warm afternoon glow of Sunday, Yeji visited me, curious to hear about the events of the previous night. As we settled in my room, I recounted the whirlwind of adventures that unfolded after she left.

"You won't believe what happened, Yeji. After you went home, Jungwon asked his friend Sunghoon to babysit me at their racing hut while he raced. Can you believe it? I mean, I'm old enough to take care of myself," I exclaimed, shaking my head at the absurdity of the situation.

Yeji raised an eyebrow, amused. "Babysitting? Seriously?"

I nodded emphatically. "Yeah, and then, after winning the race, he drove me home. It was like this weird mix of being treated like a kid and an adult at the same time. I don't get him."

Yeji chuckled, settling comfortably on my bed. "Sounds like quite the adventure. Maybe Jungwon has a soft spot for you."

I rolled my eyes at the idea. "Soft spot or not, he's still a mysterious, bad-boy racer. Can't figure him out."

I continued sharing the events of the previous night with Yeji, expressing my confusion about Jungwon's seemingly contradictory behavior.

"He's like a two-faced guy, you know? One moment he's treating me like a kid, asking Sunghoon to babysit, and the next he's this cool, bad-boy racer winning races and driving me home," I remarked, trying to make sense of the enigma that was Jungwon.

Yeji, instead of supporting my frustration, chuckled. "Well, maybe he calls you a kid because, in some ways, you are one."

I shot her a bewildered look. "Excuse me? I'm 16, Yeji! We're only four years apart. That doesn't make me a kid."

She grinned, clearly enjoying the banter. "Seori, my dear, age isn't everything. Maybe he sees the playful, immature side of you that the rest of us love."

I pouted, not entirely convinced. "I can be mature when I want to be. He just doesn't take me seriously."

Yeji raised an eyebrow, teasingly. "Maybe you need to show him your mature side more often. Until then, you'll just be his favorite little kid."

I scoffed at Yeji's playful remark, my frustration with Jungwon's tendency to label me intensifying. "Favorite little kid? Seriously, Yeji? I don't want to be anyone's little kid."

Yeji grinned, unfazed by my reaction. "Maybe it's not a bad thing. Adds a bit of charm to the whole dynamic."

I crossed my arms, adopting a mockingly serious expression. "Charm or not, I just wish he'd see me for who I am, not some kid he needs to babysit."

Yeji nudged me with a smirk. "Maybe you'll grow on him. After all, not everyone can resist the charm of the Ramen Queen."

I rolled my eyes, conceding defeat in the banter. "Well, if I'm going to be his 'favorite little kid,' at least it comes with a title – the Ramen Queen."

The afternoon sun cast a warm glow in my room as Yeji and I delved deeper into dissecting the events of the night before. I couldn't shake the lingering questions about Jungwon's peculiar behavior.

"Do you think he's always this mysterious, or is it just with me?" I pondered, trying to decipher the enigma that was Jungwon.

Yeji leaned back, thoughtful. "Maybe he's just used to the racing world where everything is intense and fast-paced. You're like a breath of fresh air to him."

I sighed, unconvinced. "Or maybe he just likes calling me a kid for fun. It's irritating."

Yeji chuckled. "Well, Seori, you do have this adorable, mischievous side. It's hard for anyone to take you too seriously."