Synthesizer Duel

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene opens in the island of Patch before switching to the inside of the Rose-Xiao Long family home as Ruby is seen digging through the garage.

"C'mon, c'mon! Where's that damn fourth bolt!?" Ruby cursed. She was making alterations to Crescent Rose when one of the bolts fell off and rolled towards the garage. "Ugh, no wonder Yang complains about there being no enough room for her bike. Dad is such a hoarder."

As she goes through all the junk, she finds a switch and flips it, which reveals a large object covered in a white tarp.

"What's this?" Ruby wonders and pulls the tarp, revealing what was hidden.

Just then footsteps can be heard as Summer walks in. 

"Ruby? Are you in here? Yang says its your turn to-" She stops as she sees what Ruby's found. "Is that my old Synthesizer?"

Ruby turns to her mother. "You know what this is?"

"Of course I know. It was what I used back in my academy days." Summer walks up to it and strokes the wooden finish. "It's one of the oldest electronic instrument around, and one of my personal favorites." She looks at it longingly. "I can't believe Tai kept it after all of these years..."

"So... you can play this synthesizer thing?" Ruby asks.

"Sure can! And so can Raven!" Summer then looks around the garage. "I think hers might be here somewhere... oh!" She rushes towards a pile of old cassette tapes and pulls out an old-looking keyboard.

 oh!" She rushes towards a pile of old cassette tapes and pulls out an old-looking keyboard

"Here it is~"

Ruby arches an eyebrow. "Why's Raven's smaller?"

"Because Raven likes her men small~" Summer sang.

Ruby snorts.

Just then, Raven walks in. "Summer, what the heck are you-" She sees what on her hands. "Oh fu-"

"Raven, perfect timing! It's time for our fabled rematch!" Summer exclaims.

Raven glares at the white rose. "After embarrassment you subjected me to in Beacon!? Fuck no!"

"C'mon, Rae, don't be like that. Besides, I won the bet fair and square." Summer argues.

"You made me walk around Vale in a skimpy swimsuit for a week!" Raven exclaims.

"So, that ripe body of yours demands to be ogled. Heck, if it wasn't for that, you wouldn't have Tai." Summer said.

"And you would still be dating Qrow! Speaking of which, what made you break up with him? You two were pretty much inseparable." Raven asks.

The light in Summer's eyes dimmed. "I don't wanna talk about it."

Ruby just tilts her head. Mom used to be with Uncle Qrow? He never mentioned that before.

"Anyways, I challenge you, Raven Branwen, to a battle of synthesizers! The loser gets to invite the winner to dinner at Vale's most expensive restaurant!" Summer declares.

"Fine. You better be ready to lose, Rose." Raven exclaims.

30-ish minutes later

Raven and Summer stand in front of the cottage with their synthesizers in hand.

"I can't believe we'll get to hear Raven and Summer play again, it feels like forever." Tai said.

"And apparently, the loser has to buy the winner an expensive dinner." Qrow adds as readies his Scroll to record.

Ruby is seen bouncing up and down. "Oh my gosh, this is so exciting! I never knew mom played an instrument before!"

"Yeah... it's weird seeing Raven doing something normal." Yang remarks.

"Arf!" Zwei barks.

"I know, Zwei. This is gonna be the best thing ever!" Ruby squealed.

Summer smirks. "I hope your ready to lose."

"You'll rue this day, Summer." Raven said and the two start to play.

David - Raven

Gary - Summer

Rigby - Ruby

Mordecai - Yang

"Yay! I won!" Summer cheers.

"Dammit!" Raven cursed.

Summer walks up to her and hands her a brochure. "Here's the restaurant. I'm see you tonight at 7." She then walks back into the cottage.

"Hope you got deep pockets, sis." Qrow said.

Raven whips her head at Qrow. "You're coming, too!"

"We all are, as a family." Tai adds as he walks inside.

"See you later, auntie Raven!" Ruby skips back inside.

Yang stares at her frozen mother. "We'll make sure to keep it light... NOT!" She laughs and walks inside.

"I hate my life..." Raven sobs.

----

Author Notes

Here's another one. 

Peace~