1 Valentine's Day

Jimin's POV
A flashback to February 14, 2023

'Happy Valentine's Day Oppa!'

Jimin smiled as he read the message that followed the sweet Valentine's Day wish.

He already knew who the card and the bouquet was from... It was from Park Haneul, the girl who's had a crush on him since he moved to Seoul seven years ago.

Haneul is a beautiful girl. She has chestnut brown hair and green eyes. And her handwriting is the most beautiful Jimin has ever seen. There's just a tiny problem with this whole setting...

They didn't really know each other.

Of course Jimin returned the favour on White Day each year, having made an effort to find her, after the first Valentine's day he received the cute message and adorable gifts.

He remembers the day well.

Park Jimin had just landed in Seoul and walked passed a quaint little shop near the Police station. The shop sold all kinds of souvenirs and even refreshments.

He had walked in, the bell on the edge of the door tinkling as he entered, and out popped the cutest girl he'd ever laid eyes on.

She wore jeans and a simple white t-shirt, with a simple, lilac apron over. Her hands were covered in a dough of sorts and her face had a few blotches of flour at the temples and on her cheeks.

The girl greeted him and asked how she could help him, which was when Jimin had noticed that she also sold an assortment of baked goods and beverages in the shop as well.

"Wow... Quite a location you've found miss." Jimin made small talk.

"Thanks, I figured if there's anything that would keep business going, it would be the coffee and doughnuts I sell." She smiled coyly.

"Smart girl." Jimin winked at her as he backed away from the counter with his box of doughnuts and a cup of steaming cappuccino in hand.

Then, just as he was about to exit, Jimin paused at the door.

"I'm Park Jimin by the way. I'll definitely be a regular here." He said to her, tipping his porkpie hat.

"Nice to meet you sir, I'm Park Haneul. I look forward to seeing you soon!"

"Oh, trust me, you will." He winked at her, and stepped out of the store.

.
.
.
.
.

And Jimin had definitely kept his promise too.

Because he had became a regular customer.

Seven years later, and Jimin has tried every single one of the one-hundred and fifty flavours of pastry and doughnuts Haneul had introduced. Thankfully, due to the nature of his occupation, he hadn't gained any weight over the years from all the delicious buttery baked goods.

If anything, he had introduced his colleagues to Haneul's bakery and they all loved this place too.

It was convenient for them as it was along their way, it had the variety they craved and shopping for gifts wasn't a problem - because Haneul had you covered.

She'd expanded the store a little bit to cater for bookshelves to be installed and light meals to be enjoyed.

Things were looking up for her. And that was one reason why Jimin didn't ask her out yet.

The second reason, well... He didn't want to discuss that just yet...

<<<<<<<❤️>>>>>>>