#12 - Confession

Y/n's View

As things get more and more serious between me and Hailee, she starts asking me more questions. I can't keep my cover for much longer.

"You never told me where you moved." Hailee says.

"I moved in with Max." I say.

"Who's Max?" Hailee asks.

"Uh, Maxwell. The guy who works at the animal hospital, my best friend." I say.

"Why'd you move in with him?" Hailee asks.

"My new place isn't ready yet." I say.

"You could've stayed with me. Shit, you could've moved in with me." Hailee says.

I smile and she kisses me.

Time Skip

Shit's getting intense

Shit's getting intense. There's way too much attention on me right now and it's only a matter of time before Hailee finds out.

"I seen that video about you." Max says.

"I haven't watched it. How bad is it?" I say.

"Charlie used to be a private investigator. Best believe he has hella dirt on your ass." Max says.

"He had pictures of you in high school, pulled up your 2023 tax returns, and got a testimony from your ex. Max says.

"What?!" I ask.

"He found Caitlyn and got her in a call and she said you didn't know the first thing about investing." Max says.

"Fuck." I mumble.

"You should tell Hailee." Max says.

"I fucking know." I say.

"No, I mean, like, right now. It's only a matter of time before paparazzi approaches her and asks her about the allegations." Max says.

"How do you think I should do it? What's the easiest way?" I ask.

"The easiest way would've just been to be honest from the get go. There's no way to soften this blow. Just sit her down and try to have a conversation. If she doesn't wanna fuck with you no more, you gotta understand that you fucked up and move on." Max says.

"She loves you though, it may take a little but she'll come around." Max says.

I slowly nod and sigh.

Time Skip