#4 - Suspicion

Hailee's View

"Ooh, I know that's right

"Ooh, I know that's right. Get you a sugar mama." Naomi says.

"Shut up." I say as she laughs.

"She's probably younger than me anyways." I say.

"Probably? You don't know how old she is?" Naomi asks.

"No." I say.

"Well, let's google her." Naomi says.

Naomi grabs my laptop and turns it in the direction.

"We can find out her age and any career-ruining statements." Naomi says.

"Career-ruining statements?" I ask.

"Yeah, you know somebody gets called out saying a slur everyday." Naomi says.

I raise an eyebrow and she shrugs.

"Y/n Y/l/n, right?" Naomi asks.

"Yeah." I say.

Naomi types and presses enter.

"I'm assuming she's not the lady who stalked Nick Jonas and broke into his house." Naomi says.

"What?" I ask.

"Y/n Y/l/n - Crazed Nick Jonas Stalker, Arrested." Naomi reads.

"She probably doesn't even listen to the Jonas Brothers. I'd imagine that she listens to Beethoven or something." I say.

"Nobody listens to Beethoven willingly. That's some shit your 10th grade English teacher plays while you do your bell work." She says.

I laugh and she smiles.

"She's an investor, right?" She asks.

"Mhm." I say.

She types and furrows her eyebrows.

"What?" I ask.

"I can't find anything on her being an investor. I can't find anything on her at all. Only think I see is that she's related to Tommy." She says scrolling.

"Well, she said that she lays low." I say.

"No one is gonna invest in small businesses, make life changing money, and not have hella results on Google. Especially when her twin brother owns a multibillion dollar company." She says.

"So what do you think?" I ask.

"I think she's full of shit." She says.

"No way." I say.

"You need to get your eyes checked." She says.

"I've seen her house and the way she lives. You can't fake that." I say.

"If you can find a singular piece of information about her that adds up, I'll back off." She says, sliding my laptop back over.

I clear the search bar and type. I press enter and click the first search result.