𝟎𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲 𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨.

I've been on more sources of public transport in the last few days than I have been in my entire life. But tonight, just tonight, I couldn't find the will to fall asleep for the life of me.

I sighed as the sound of Percy tossing and turning once more and Grover's soft snores filled my ears. I only just caught Percy mumbling under his breath, any quieter and I wouldn't have noticed, but it all alluded to one thing: he couldn't fall asleep either.

I got up from my lying position and quietly shimmied over a sleeping Annabeth to crouch next to his struggling-to-sleep form.

"Psst, Percy, get up and follow me," I whisper, slowly opening our cabin doors and looking down the vast empty hallways, barren of any passengers, it was late at night, maybe the early morning. I step out of the room travelling towards the viewing section of our train. I held an outstretched hand behind me as I walked, so he would have something to grasp onto, and as his hand fell into mine I moved a bit faster, knowing that I was leading him.

Opening the door to the empty viewing room was the peace I knew we both needed. The moon illuminated the room as I let go of him and sat on the floor, avoiding the seats entirely. We were passing an open body of water, something that felt like home when it shouldn't. I tucked my knees into my chest, resting my cheek on my kneecap and wrapping my arms around my legs.

"Isn't the quiet peaceful Percy?" I whisper, basking in the starlight as he murmurs in agreement and sits beside me, it would be a while until I told him that some of our power derives from the power of the moon.

We sit for a while, just admiring the water as I turn to look at him, he looked so young, so innocent, too much of a kid to be experiencing anything like this, he was a baby to the godly world.

I wanted to drag him away to know what he was capable of. Children of Poseidon usually had at least two or three powers that they have knacks for, things that came naturally and developed on their own.

"You can control water huh?" I murmur.

"Barely" He whispered, sounding almost ashamed.

"Percy, all demi-god children born from the big three have immense power and a specialty, and I know that yours starts and begins with water manipulation," I say, poking his chest as I reach a leftover cup of water from a nearby table and set it in front of him.

"Then what's your specialty?"

"You'll find out when the time is right Percy, it's too unpredictable and dangerous to show you tonight, but tonight, we're not leaving here until the water in that cup stirs or moves in the slightest."

"Atalanta that's impossible, I've only become supreme lord of the bathroom once"

I let out a hearty chuckle before I lightly grab his wrist and hold his open palm over the cup.

"Close your eyes, and try to feel the cool energy from the water below your palm, don't think about it too hard" I add, seeing how his brows crossed in frustration.

"I can't do this" He sighs defeatedly, popping one eye open before giving up.

"Try again...think of your Mom this time," I say. He rubs his hands on his jeans, to get rid of the nervous sweat as he sits on his knees and tries once more. I notice that as soon as he's done what I said the crease no longer formed io his brows, and the water below his palms twitched.

It wasn't much, but it was enough, enough to know that progress could be made.

"Did I do it?" He hopefully asked, looking with squinted eyes to try and find the evidence of his work.