I step up on the opposite end of the table from them beside my dad. Elaina writhes in Alex's arms, wanting to go play with her cousins in the group of the older kids. Problem is, she might not be able to keep up with them. There aren't any other cousins her age though—poor kid. So, I hold my hands out over the table. "Let me see her." I request. Alex stands some to hand her over, probably tired of getting kicked now.

She calms a little now that she's with someone who's standing, but she still huffs and whines to go with the other kids. "Alex!" Aunt Jenny turns in her seat to look at him. "You like me, don't you?" She smiles.

Alex sighs. "No, Aaliyah cannot go to the playground." He answers a question she hasn't asked. The bitter face she makes in response tells us all that she was going to ask. I turn around before they start begging him to give the go-ahead to let his seven-month pregnant wife go play in a confined, smelly indoor playground like she desperately wants. I think he's making the right call there.

I plan to sit off to the side with her so that she can be by them but not stop whatever game they're playing. My plans are, of course, turned down when my son notices us coming closer. He leaves his cousin and group of friends with ease to come over to me. "Dad, do you want to play tag?" He beams hopefully.

I laugh at that. "Thanks, Nut. But I should stay with Elaina. Go ahead and play with your friends though, we're right here." I assure as I continue over to an uncomfortable looking bench thing not too far from his little group. He follows me instead of running over to them.

He sits down on the bench beside me while I situate Elaina on my lap. She still looks curious of the other kids but is pacified with Cameron beside her. "Dad, can I ask you a question?" He asks, watching me cautiously. He ignores Elaina while she reaches over to curiously play with his Batman bracelet, letting her spin it around on his wrist.

"Sure, Cam. Whatcha got?"

"Elaina calls your mom and dad Grandma and Grandpa. Am I 'posed to too?"

I smile at that. "Nah, you can call them whatever you want." I dismiss. "Their names are Angela and David, you know. You can call them that, if you want." He calls my grandparents by their names too.

Elaina pulls away some to look up at me. "Me too?"

"No, not you. Never you. You call them Grandma and Grandpa."

She starts pouting but doesn't argue since that's all she knows them as anyway. Meanwhile, Cameron nods slowly as he processes it all. "What about Molly and Robert?" He asks quietly. I figured I'd be asked about it for almost everyone on my side of the family at some point, so his questions don't come as much of a shock to me.

"Molly and Robert is fine." I assure. "And if and when you ever get comfortable enough, you can call them Nana and Papa."

He makes a face. "Nana and Papa?"

I laugh. "The first great grandkid couldn't say their names right at his age." Everyone else has sort of just gone with it. "Great Grandma and Great Grandpa work too though. They won't mind, I promise." I've already spoken with my grandma. I probably should've talked to Grandpa too, but Grandma told me Grandpa wouldn't remember that conversation in five minutes.

"Okay." He accepts slowly. He finally looks down at Elaina's hand to watch her continue to play with his bracelet. "Can she play with us?" He asks. Elaina's eyes get wider as they dart to me, eagerly waiting for me to tell him yes.

I sigh, looking between them while I think. He put me on the spot here. "Uh...I don't know, guys." Elaina's shoulders drop in defeat. I shake my head and look at Cameron. "You guys are a lot older than her. Rougher too. She won't be able to keep up."