"Ei! Are you alright? What's the matter?" asked Sasayuri, the tengu general. He reaches out a hand towards Mei, but she slaps it away, glaring viciously at him.

"Don't touch me!" She growls, taking a few steps back from the other three. 'Why are they calling me 'Ei?''

"Ei! Please, calm down!" The white-haired kitsune pleaded, taking Mei's hands into her own. "This isn't like you."

The female oni, Chiyo, wraps her arms around Mei's waist, in an attempt to calm her friend down.

"Listen to Kitsune Saiguu, Ei! Please stop!" Chiyo begged as Mei tried to wiggle out of her grasp.

"Let me go!" Mei demanded.

Suddenly, Mei saw images of each of her friends' deaths. Sasayuri lost his life during a battle with a giant serpent, trying to protect Mei. Chiyo lost her mind during an intense war and drew out her sword against Mei, so she had to be the one to kill Chiyo. The kitsune saiguu was consumed by an unknown entity during said intense war and was turned into filth. Ei never found out what happened to her afterward. Wait... Ei?

When Mei reopened her eyes, she found herself all alone. The three people who were once surrounding her were completely gone; they vanished into thin air.

'Where... Where did they go..?' Mei wondered to herself, looking around for any sign of them but to no avail. It was like they never existed, to begin with.

"Mei." A cold voice called out to the girl from behind.

Mei whips her head around and sees a woman who looks almost exactly like her. The only difference is that the woman had longer hair that reached her ankles, horns were poking out of her head, and her eyes were a shade of violet instead of blue. She takes a step towards Mei, but Kaminaga cautiously takes a step back, keeping herself on guard against this woman who looks identical to her.

"You needn't fear me, Mei." The woman said, raising her hands to show that she wasn't holding any weapons. She seemed harmless.

Mei quirks an eyebrow and slightly crouches down, getting ready to activate her cursed technique when needed. "And why should I trust you?" asked Kaminaga, tilting her head to the side curiously. She looks up and down at the identical woman with a scrutinizing gaze, still wary of her.

"Because we're the same person."

Mei's cerulean eyes widened in disbelief as she watched the woman slowly alter her appearance, transforming herself to look more like Mei. Kaminaga lowered her arms to her side and started to approach the woman carefully, her lips parted from shock. She reached out a hand towards the woman, grabbing a few strands of her obsidian-colored hair. Mei examines the strands carefully.

"Just... who are you?" Mei questioned the stranger, looking up at her with a bewildered expression.

The stranger lets out a soft sigh, and closes her violet eyes before reopening them to speak.

"Like I said, we are the same person. I am you," She points at herself and then Mei. "and you are me." she points at Mei and then herself.

Mei blinks twice, unable to comprehend what the strange woman was saying.

"I'm not really sure what you mean by that, miss.." The noirette says sheepishly, turning her gaze away from the woman.

"Dear me, how did I end up reincarnating as an idiot?" the woman huffed quietly, crossing her arms in annoyance. "You know what? It's fine. Let me put it this way; I am you from your past life. You are my reincarnation."