(8)

"I've already decided on how I'm going to die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nice! I like people like you." Gojo said to the pink-haired boy, grinning from ear to ear. "Sounds like a fun hell awaits. Make sure that you have your belongings packed up by the end of the day." He walks toward the door.

"We're going somewhere?" Itadori asked, tilting his head to the side.

The silver-haired sorcerer wrapped his hand around the door handle, twisting it, and then opened the door, revealing a certain spiky-haired ravenette covered head-to-toe in bandages.

"Tokyo." Fushiguro answered plainly, not even bothering to greet the others. They didn't seem to mind, though.

"Hey, Fushiguro," Mei said with a small wave.

"Fushiguro! You're looking good!" Itadori greeted the ravenette, winking playfully at him.

"You think so after seeing this?" Megumi says with a scowl as he points at a bandage wrapped around his forehead.

"You always look dashing, Fushiguro. With or without the bandages." The three males look at Mei in shock, their mouths slightly agape. Gojo immediately starts clinging to Kaminaga's arm, shaking her back and forth while whining like a child.

"Aww, what about me, Mei?! Am I not handsome to you?!" The white-haired man cried out, frowning deeply.

"Of course you're handsome, Gojo-sensei. Everyone looks your way whenever you enter the room." The ebony-haired girl says while smiling innocently, hoping the older male will be appeased for now.

Satoru mutters something under his breath as he looks away from Mei and lets go of her arm, pursing his lips tightly. He looked disappointed about something, but what? Mei stares at the white-haired male with a raised eyebrow. Why was he acting so standoffish and distant? Was it something she said?

"Anyway," Megumi says, clearing his throat. The tips of his ears had a light tint to them from Kaminaga's comment earlier. Mei quickly stops staring at Gojo and goes back to focusing on the conversation at hand. 'I'll ask sensei about it later.' She says in her mind. "You're going to transfer to the same school for Jujutsu sorcerers I attend."

"Huh?" The pink-haired boy uttered quietly.

"Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical College." Gojo spoke smoothly, without any stuttering. Did he memorize the name of the school by heart? "By the way, you're the fourth first-year."

"Only four?!" Itadori exclaimed, his light-brown eyes widening in bewilderment.

Mei responds with a nod of her head. "Yes, there are only four of us."

"Jujutsu sorcerers are a very small minority in society, so it's guaranteed that there wouldn't be many people attending a school meant for Jujutsu sorcerers."

"Oh, that explains it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After leaving the crematorium, Itadori and the others head to the cemetery to pay their respects to Itadori's grandfather, who just passed away.

The pink-haired boy kneels in front of his grandpa's gravestone, closing his eyes and clapping his hands together as he prays silently. It seemed to be quite a long and detailed prayer since it took him almost fifteen minutes to finish.

"Okay, I'm heading out now, Grandpa." Itadori said as he stood back up, waving sadly at the gravestone before walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~