THE DINER | 006

—NEVE'S POV[TWO DAYS LATER]Sunday, October 13, 2022

NEVE'S POV
[TWO DAYS LATER]
Sunday, October 13, 2022

NEVE FELT EMBARRASSED on how easily her friends could make a fool out of her, "Why would you deliver news that way?" Neve asks, laughing as quietly as she could, hiding behind her hands in the midst of it.

"What? How did I say it?" Indra says, a hesitant smile on his face because he genuinely doesn't know how unserious his delivery was.

"We were just speaking about what we were going to order and you just somehow snuck in your dead demented grandma." Dyani comments, trying to keep herself together but failing miserably alongside Neve.

Indra chuckles softly, "I can see how that could be unintentionally funny."

"It wasn't even just the delivery, it was the casualness of it all." Neve says, finally getting her laughter subsided, wiping the corner of her eyes.

"Okay, but back to-" Indra starts before he stops mid-sentence, beginning to smile aimlessly in one direction that worries both Neve and Dyani, "What's wrong with you?" Neve asks, looking in Indra's line of sight before she turns and sees Eula and her friends, Willow and Marcel.

Neve could feel a smile coming on too, going to call out to Willow before Indra beats her to it, "Eula! Over here!" Indra calls out, waving his arm where the trio of friends turn their heads in Neve's direction.

Eula smiles at Indra while Willow just looks startled and immediately annoyed but somehow, that reaction felt so much better than her seeming happy to see her. It just made her more excited to bother her.

Eula talks for a minute with the waitress who was likely going to get them another seat before they eventually start to walk towards Neve and her friends,

"Hey Indra!" Eula says, "And Dyani." Eula comments before looking at Neve, "I don't think we ever met but Neve right?"

Neve smiles, "Yes, heard so much about you." She says, feeling a gentle kick from under the seat.

"Really? From who?" Eula asks, raising her eyebrows as she shoots a smile in Indra's direction,

"We both know who." Neve says,

Willow waved at the three of them but likely just for two people at the table, "Hey guys."

"Hey Willow." Dyani and Indra greet back,

"Hey, I'm Marcel." Marcel comments, waving at them.

"Nice to meet you." Neve comments, beginning to move back, Dyani too as Neve pulled her crutches under the table to give them a place to sit. Thankfully they chose the booth.