SOMEHOW MAKING THINGS BETTER | 005

—WILLOW'S POVFriday, October 11, 2022

WILLOW'S POV
Friday, October 11, 2022

      WILLOW COULDN'T remember the time she last went shopping for a dance. Especially not one for her sister and she couldn't remember when she was excited to put something together.

"What's the theme again?" Willow asks, flipping through the various styles of dresses like they were a catalog, her eyes skimming over things quickly,

"Something beauty and the beast," Iris replied, replicating the same actions of her big sister, searching through the clothes.

"So I see you already have the whole beast thing down pack," Willow replies, glancing over at her sister as she waved over her body, "I love how determined you are to be on theme."

Iris could only just glare at her, "You're not funny" She says, grabbing a dress before showing her sister.

"What about this?" Iris asks, looking at the yellow mid length dress, flowers designs laced in it that Willow was surprised at how perfect it was.

"Ugh, you're going to look gorgeous." She exclaims, grabbing the dress and pulling her sister in a tight hug, kissing the top of her head, "Where does the time go?"

Iris pushes her off, one of her goddess braids hitting Willow in the face, "What's wrong with you."

Willow just laughs, "That push was very hostile."

"As it should be," Iris claims, "I'm not a kid anymore."

"Um, you quite literally are. Is their a world where fifteen is grown?"

"You know what I meant, I'm not eight anymore."

"You will always be eight to me."

Iris rolls her eyes, "And that's the problem." She says, snatching the dress before heading to the cashier.

"Do you need any money?" Willow asks, knowing that she had money saved up from a while ago and because Eula gave her money every once in a while to help.

Iris shakes her head, "No, dad gave me money for it."

"Oh," She states, nodding her head, somewhat deflated.

Growing up, money was a problem for them, way before Iris came along and Willow did her best to not have it be, going as far to halting her childhood. She got jobs, cared for the family due to her parents lack of effort in some areas and she couldn't help but feel bitter that once she left, those problems went away and how that made her feel like she was holding them back when she helped manage it in the first place.

Since they now could get things she couldn't get when she was back home.

"That's good." Willow says, hoping that her voice didn't say otherwise. She didn't want to focus on it anymore and instead redirected her attention back to her sister,