Chapter XXIV - Unknown Trial

Start from the beginning

"Sella Mutatio" Her purple magic flew into the nearby bush and transfigured it into a small back chair and took a seat next to him. She crossed her legs as her back was perfectly straight.

"Vocalized, Latin spells? That's... ridiculously old-school." Despite his words, a small smile of wonder appeared on Victor's face. Agatha seemed to ignore his comment, although her chin was raised even higher.

"You are obviously someone who suffered a lot. I don't need to try to probe your mind to sense your grief, Victor. I don't respect many people, dear, but I do respect those who aren't afraid of using their magical gifts. Nothing makes me sicker than seeing sorcerers who do absolutely nothing their entire life. You, on the brink of your death, still trying to create something new. Now that I respect."

"You keep bringing that up... I know I'm in a bad shape, but I'm far from dying." Yet another bloody chest pain shook his body. Victor had to close his eyes as his body kept twitching. After a few minutes of silent agony, he opened his eyes. Agatha stared right into him.

"It's getting worse, isn't it?"

"How do you know?" He took another sip from his flask.

"Alcohol will hardly help on a missing soul piece." She played with her hem of her velvet jacket.

"What?!" Victor chocked hard.

"I would need to take a closer look, but I can tell your soul is incomplete. This causes the pain rushes. It's only a matter of time before your body gives in, after all, we humans can't live without our souls."

Victor considered her words and rubbed his pale hands. It would seem he absorbed more of Wanda's essence than he ever thought.

"Still... It changes nothing. If you help me, I will tell you everything I know. Just please help me."

"We have a deal, then." She stood up and clapped her hands. "Up now, green thumb. I live close by."

She kept her hands behind her back and moved with a brisk tempo. Victor tried to keep up. His weary mind still actively tried to understand what is happening.

"Why do I have a feeling like we met before?"

"We haven't. Although, the more I look at you, the more curious I'm becoming. Where are you from?"

"Poland, although I've spent a lot of time in Sokovia."

"When it still existed?" Agatha mused.

"Yes." He shot back, not amused. "You are from here, aren't you?"

"Great deduction. You haven't told me your family name."

"And neither have you. My family isn't one to brag about, trust me."

Agatha was quiet for a long while. They moved side by side, their shoulders almost evenly matched.

"Perhaps I should be more cautious, worried. This woman completely hides her magical presence from me and right now could throw me around like a rag doll. Still, if I will get what I want, I don't really care."

"Do I understand correctly you want to use this herb on yourself?" She mused lightly.

"Yes. But there are complications."

"Don't tell me you are facing the Voerman paradox?"

"The what now?"

"You aren't aware?" Agatha rolled her eyes. "You are trying to force your consciousness into submission, and it's fighting back. Your mind has its own mind. It can happen to people who practice magic. Our minds and souls are far more developed than regular humans." Seeing the lack of response from Victor, she giggled. "Hey, I'm not judging you. With my help, you will be able to do your sleeping beauty until you die."

"So long as I show you what I know?" Agatha smiled and elbowed him.

"So, you did pay attention."

"You just seem like a kind of woman who always gets what she wants."

"Flattery will get you everywhere, dear, now Who taught you how to manipulate nature? I can see this wasn't your first-time green thumb."

"My grandmother. She... She was the best teacher one could ever have."

"She certainly taught you well. You know that witches traditionally manipulated nature they way you did? Although, I hardly ever cared about this branch of magic. Your grandmother must have been a witch. Maybe I even knew her. What was her name?"

"Ida... Ida Harkness."

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading

If you've enjoyed, please don't forget to vote and comment. I truly appreciate it!

This might be a slightly different Agatha than the fans of the MCU were introduced to. There is a good reason for it, which should be revealed in the next chapter :)

As always, take care <3