𝟐𝟔 ✯ moving out + leaving the past

Start from the beginning

"I know this is hard, I'm happy that we've made it this far but now it's time to leave to a better one."

"There is no better one!"

"I like Freeridge, I want to stay here— please." My eyes and voice lowering.

My mom Sighed before speaking. "Start packing." She walks away.

It was so hard to fucking believe but these boys got me attached. I wasn't suppose to feel this way towards them. They are demons who are selfish with no emotions.

Or apparently in my eyes—

Wasn't.

I ran back upstairs in my room and sat on my bed, as I moved my blankets I seen an note. 

Dear Sweet Rhea, I'm so sorry for what we've put you through. Meeting you was the biggest mistake but loving you wasn't.

We are sorry that we had to  compel you're family to move— to leave for a while. But you knowing about us was danger to everyone.

Mak isn't angry at you, he's angry at himself.

Malachi isn't angry at you, he's angry at himself.

Marcus isn't angry at you, he's angry at himself. 

You're a eighteen human girl that should be living you're dreams, going to college and having fun.

You shouldn't be fighting 500+ year old's  for us. We're vampires you're not. We can live you cannot. We can heal fast, you cannot.

I need you to understand that this is for the best. The council wanted us to compel you as well..

but we didn't.

I need you to understand.

"we'll meet again,
love."

From Milo Hades.

𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓, 𝐈 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍.

I needed to understand.

✥✥✥

I woke up to the downstairs being halfway empty, it was starting to look like how it was before— when we first moved in.

As much as I didn't wanna, I still packed.
It was for the best. 

I called Carmen and told her the news— of me and my family moving to who knows what. She wasn't very happy it which made me love her even more.

"If you can, try to contact me so we could still be in touch." She spoke on the other end.

"Of course."

"Rafe did you tell your friends goodbye?" Mom asked

"No I just ghosted them." 

I rolled my eyes from my brother demeanor, just Typical Rafe.  

"Do you have any ideas on where we moving to?" I asked my mother who was finishing up cleaning.

"I don't know— but my mind says Covington, Georgia."