𝟐𝟑✯ I snucked out for answers.

Start from the beginning

My heart pounded in my chest as I slowly turned my head towards the source of the sound. There, standing just a few feet away, was a security guard—a stern-faced man with a flashlight in hand, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Time seemed to stand still as we locked eyes, a silent battle of wills taking place. Panic surged through me, but I knew I couldn't let him catch me. Without thinking, I made a split-second decision.

"Hey!" The security guard yelled

I snatched the book from its resting place, my fingers closing around it tightly. With a surge of adrenaline, I turned on my heels and sprinted towards the nearest exit. I could hear the security guard's shouts behind me, urging me to stop, but I was determined to escape.

My heart pounded in my ears as I weaved through the darkened corridors of the museum, my breath coming in ragged gasps. Every corner I turned, every door I passed, brought me closer to freedom—or so I hoped.

As I burst through the museum doors, the cold night air hit me like a slap in the face. I didn't dare look back, fearing that the security guard was hot on my heels. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, the weight of the stolen book pressing against my chest.

My mind raced with a mixture of fear and guilt. What had I just done? I had stolen a valuable artifact from a museum, and now I was a fugitive on the run.

But amidst the chaos of my thoughts, a flicker of hope emerged. Maybe this book held the answers I had been searching for. Maybe it would shed light on the secrets Dean has been hiding.

As I disappeared into the night, the city lights illuminating my path, I knew that my life would never be the same. I had taken a risk, a leap into the unknown, driven by my insatiable curiosity.

I kept looking behind me as I ran hoping I got away from the guard. But then my body slams into someone else. I turned to look at the person who hovered over my 5'8 self. 

I stared at the beautiful tall woman, she had brunette long hair and she was white. Her nails were black as well as her outfit, she look like she didn't like color.

"Hello Rhea, I've have heard a lot about you." The lady lips turned into a smile

"Mhm, that's fine but I need to go i'm kind of in a hurry."

"Hm, Vampire books?"

"Is that you're favorite mythology creature?" She eyes me as she read the pages.

"It's for a school project now excuse me." I said trying to rush past but she blocks me.

"I don't think so." 

I watched a black van pull up near the sidewalk. 3 guys coming out and heading towards my way.

I tried to punch and kick her but she caught it. "You're a vampire!"

"Wrong." She sighs.

"Put her in the trunk."

"No, No Please! " I yelled

"Help!!" The guys pulled me into the van, one taping my mouth with black duct tape so I couldn't scream. I was placed in the back of the car. I stared at the guy arms that were sitting between me. It was a symbol. The same symbol that was in the book. 

I mumbled under the tape

I mumbled under the tape. "What was that Rhea? We can't understand you." The lady said in a British accent.

"Take the tape off of her." She demanded

The male snatched the black tape off my mouth, "Ow!" I yelled

"I was saying— Vampire hunters." I breathed out

"Correct."

"We're not you're enemy we're here to help and protect you and your family, we just need to take you in for questioning."

"About?"

"Who you been hanging around, I don't know if you've notice but there is cameras all around the town of Freeridge and we've placed some around your house."

"So you're fucking stalking me!?"

"Sure! Put it that way."

"Where are you guys taking me."

"To meet the others."