"Oki, we need to talk," North began, his voice steady but tinged with sorrow. Okinawa nodded, her expression shifting from curiosity to concern. North motioned for her to sit beside him, and they faced each other on the couch.

"There's something important I need to tell you," North continued, his gaze focused on his sister. The weight of the news hung heavily in the air, and North hesitated before uttering the words that would change their lives forever.

"South and Japan... they're not coming back," he finally said, his voice catching on the last words. Okinawa's eyes widened in disbelief, a mixture of confusion and shock painted across her face.

"What do you mean, North? Where are they?" she asked, her voice trembling. North took her hands in his, offering what little comfort he could muster.

"There was a terrible incident, Oki. They're... they're gone," North explained, each word feeling like a heavy burden on his heart. Okinawa's eyes welled up with tears, and she shook her head in denial.

"No, they're just... they're just busy, right?" she pleaded, searching for any sign that this was just a cruel joke. North tightened his grip on her hands, the weight of reality sinking in.

"I wish that was the case, Oki. I saw it on the news. They're gone, and it's just us," North said, his gaze reflecting the pain he felt. Okinawa's world crumbled as the harsh truth settled in, and North pulled her into a tight embrace, offering the only solace he could provide.

In the quiet of their shared grief, the siblings held onto each other, navigating the storm of emotions that had engulfed their lives. The journey through loss had just begun, and North vowed to be there for Okinawa as they faced an uncertain future together.

Okinawa's soft sobs emerged, followed by louder ones, then a wail as she pushed herself away from North and ran to her room, locking the door behind her.

North stood alone in the hushed aftermath of Okinawa's outburst, his own grief mirrored in the heaviness of the silence that settled around him. The reality of their loss hung in the air, an unspoken ache that clawed at his chest.

He approached Okinawa's closed door, hesitating before gently knocking. "Oki, I'm here for you," he spoke softly, his voice barely audible against the stifling stillness. No response came from the other side, only the muffled sounds of Okinawa's inconsolable cries.

As North sat outside her door, he felt the weight of his responsibility as her older brother intensify. The role of protector now extended beyond their playful adventures and shared laughter; it demanded resilience in the face of unbearable pain.

Time passed, and eventually, the sobs subsided. North could hear the faint hiccupping breaths that replaced Okinawa's wails. He continued to wait, granting her the space she needed to process the harsh reality that had intruded upon their lives.

After what felt like an eternity, Okinawa slowly opened the door, her eyes swollen and red from crying. North met her gaze with a mix of compassion and sorrow. Without a word, she walked into his open arms, seeking solace in the familiar embrace of her older brother.

"I'm scared," Okinawa whispered, her voice barely audible. North tightened his hold, knowing that mere words couldn't fill the void left by the loss of South and Japan.

"We'll get through this together," North reassured her, his voice steady but laced with the same pain he tried to shield her from. In the dimly lit hallway, the siblings clung to each other, united by grief yet determined to face the uncertain future as a family.

North Korea held back his own tears. "Crying now is selfish." He thought. "Okinawa needs me." Suddenly, an unexpected question escaped Okinawa's mouth.