Chapter 4.1.1.1: Nih's Tale

Waking up and deciding to shave my beard, the gang stared at me, finding it unusual for me to have one. Jan smiled at Yeshia, who kissed him on the cheek before leaving. She gestured at me, signaling that we needed to talk in private. Dyaldic was out acquiring supplies, and the servants had left, leaving the mansion's management matters unresolved.

My father had intentionally left no inheritance for me. Despite having taken things for granted, I now needed to establish my residence elsewhere. However, that wasn't a concern, as our journey together would soon commence.

Completing my daily routines, I met Yeshia at the cemetery where she had been praying. A light and spiritual presence surrounded her. Standing up, she addressed me, "Your father is long gone but content. I sensed it to be true. No, don't look at me like that. I don't converse with the dead, but rather can sense their intents beyond the wonders of the afterlife. It's the blessing I have. Aed is unquestionably unique."

Nodding, we walked in silence through the mansion's forest, taking in the scenery. Yeshia glanced at me with sadness, but I glared back, not wanting pity. I believed I had already moved on from my father's death, or at least I thought so.

"I prayed by his cocoon, and I felt an otherworldly void deeper than anything I had ever experienced. His soul is beyond heavy and spiritually stronger than anyone I have ever known. Aed is going to return to us in a form much more than we could expect. I've already told Jan everything, except a few details, as I believe that's your part to tell him," she explained, moving toward the mansion to rejoin the team. I smiled and expressed my gratitude, saying, "Thank you."

"Say it again? I didn't hear it?" Yeshia coyly said, her tail wagging in enjoyment. I responded, "I said, Ugly witch."

"PETTY DARK DOLL, DO YOU NEED A NEW OUTFIT!" she angrily yelled. I shrugged and smiled, teleporting away to avoid dealing with her. She was a pain in the stomach. Inside the mansion, I went downstairs to find Jan staring at Aed's cocoon, with the fake one on his shoulder.

"Jan, how's the relationship with the substitute?" I inquired.

"It doesn't feel emotional like Aed. It's very systematic and articulate in its actions. Even when I communicate, I only get feedback from output, like a golem. However, it's better for now that we have someone here in place for Aed. He really did something beyond words – a Skill becoming alive. I have never heard of that," Jan explained, astonished. Jan glanced back at me.

"It has happened before to him, my father; he has seen it. It's not a feat that can be done by normal standards, but it isn't impossible. Just extraordinary. Naming a skill and enabling it to act on its potential by itself in a semi-automatic manner is rare, as complex as it is. Aed did it so. I can only assume it's due to his nature as a Divinity influence subject," I explained, shrugging off the situation.

We were set to leave on our journey tomorrow, and the egg was protected by my shadows. Additionally, Yeshia had prayed upon the cocoon, placing a barrier of holy magic around it. For added security, I had created a teleportation sigil on the wall. The servants were instructed not to enter the warehouse, and I had informed them that if any nobles attempted access, they were to let me know, and I would deal with them without questions.

Dyaldic had informed the Adventurers Guild of the situation, using his rank to secure protection for the mansion and the warehouse. Our absence from home was expected to last five or six years before our return. When we did return, it would be a grand homecoming. Our plan included removing the existing nobility and establishing a new one under Jan's leadership.

"Let's go, Jan. We have much to prepare. They are providing us with a small army for our expedition. There are many monsters and beasts that you'll have to defeat to gain influence. Do you remember the details of our journey?" I asked, aware of Jan's tendency to forget.