As the younger man got close Ignatius swung his hammer down with brute force, and (Y/N) met the attack head-on, swinging his longsword upwards.

Behind (Y/N), Lenna moved forward to help, gathering water in her hand, when there was a low moan off to the side.

Movement stirred among the shadows, barely perceptible at first, like whispers of malevolent intent. Then, with creeping dread, Lenna saw them - the Demonic, emerging from the darkness with slow, deliberate steps. 

Their forms were twisted and grotesque, with eyes that glowed like embers in the night, filled with hunger and malice. They moved with a sinister grace, their movements fluid and predatory, closing in on Lenna with relentless intent.

She turned her gaze away from the fight and towards the Demonic, as she spoke over her shoulder to Aasim and Masoumeh.

Lenna: Don't stray far... stay safe.

She turned her gaze back to the monsters, but when she heard no movement, she looked back to Aasim.

He stood frozen, his eyes narrowed in shock as he stared at where Gemma had been.

It was the first time he had truly seen death up close, and the reality of it hit him with a force he had never expected. He had orchestrated countless acts of violence from behind the scenes, but it had always been distant, detached from the grim aftermath.

But now, as he looked upon where she had stood, one that had protected him and his daughter...

He had always prided himself on his ability to remain composed, to keep his emotions in check even in the face of danger. But now, in the presence of death, he felt a profound sense of unease creeping into his soul.

Lenna: Aasim!

He shook out of his thoughts, looking down at his daughter, who hugged his side, her head pressed against him, eyes tightly shut. He then raised his gaze to Lenna, nodding.

Aasim: Of course.

Sparks flew as metal clashed against metal, the sound echoing through the landscape. 

While (Y/N) fought with an unrelenting fury, strikes swift and calculated, Ignatius' movements seemed more sluggish, less refined.

(Y/N) caught a particularly harsh strike against the flat of his blade, and sent him tumbling backwards. He dug his sword into the ground, slowing his movements as he looked back at the god before him.

Ignatius: Since the moment I have awoken from my slumber I have told no lie. Not to Lenna, not to you, not to anyone.

(Y/N) pushed himself to his feet, switching his grip to hold the longsword right side up.

Ignatius: And I'll tell you this. If you were a better huntsman...

He charged forward, and (Y/N) met him, swinging his sword down to push Ignatius' hammer into the ground, and then swinging his blade up once more to bat away Ignatius' other hand, consumed in flames.

Ignatius: No, not a better huntsman... a better human...

As Ignatius' hammer came up once more, he switched his grip once more, digging his blade into the ground to help him block the strike, and then ducking under a fist thrown, throwing his body weight forward to push the being away.

Ignatius quickly came back, swinging his hammer down. (Y/N) braced, holding his sword vertical, but turned his blade to push Ignatius' weapon down, and then came back up, striking the fire god in the face with his elbow.

Ignatius: You wouldn't be here.

As he swung his hammer back around, (Y/N) once more tried to dig his blade into the ground to stop the attack, but this time Ignatius hooked (Y/N)'s foot, pulling him forward, and slammed his fist into the reincarnate's head, causing him to stumble to the ground.

Catch Me if You Can (Male Reader x Ruby Rose) RWBYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें