Chapter 7 - School Life

NOTE: This chapter is edited (10/11/15)

(Y/N)'s POV

An hour has passed since the five of us went inside the school and we are still having our class in mathematics. The teacher is discussing about sequences and he is writing down an equation on the white board with a book on his hand. All of us were listening and watching him to teach us although some were chit-chatting softly at the back. Anyway, I'm writing some notes on my notebook so I can get some extra info and stuff like that. My friends were doing the same thing especially my friend, Kazuo since he's smart just like me. I've been writing for a while and suddenly the teacher called me, "Miss (L/N)". I looked up and turned to the teacher. "Yes?", I asked and placed my ballpen down on my desk. "I want you to try to solve this problem here in the board for me", he asked and pointed at the question. I nodded and gently stood up from my desk. I walked towards the board and the teacher smiled and lent me the white board marker. I bowed a little and started analyzing the equation. I looked from top to bottom and started answering right away. Then, after a minute, I was able to finish the equation and I looked at the teacher and said, "I'm finished". I gave him the white board marker and he checked my work. He looked at the board and his eyes were going up and down then left and right. He smiled and looked back at me. "Correct. Very good, (Y/N)", he said and I bowed. He told me to take my seat and I head straight to my desk. I sat down gently and Kazuo, who is beside me, patted my head and said with a kind smile on his face, "Good job, (Y/N). You did it, again". I smiled and replied, "Thanks, Kazuo". With that, the bell rang and everyone were smiling and making a small victory. The teacher sighed and looked at his wrist watch. "Well, looks like it's time. Pack away your things, students", the teacher said and all of us started packing away. I did the same and afterwards the teacher erased the board. Once he's done though, he said, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, class. Goodbye and have a good day". We stood up and said goodbye to our math teacher. He smiled and went outside the classroom. When he got out, everyone cheered and one of my classmates say, "It's recess!". I laughed and everyone started going outside the classroom with excitement. I stood up from my desk and stretched my arms. I was about to walk but I was stopped by a certain someone. I turned to see my good friends. Right, I can't leave without them when it's breaktime. We always together at the cafeteria and it's kinda nice eating with them. I smiled and said, "Hey, guys". They waved and exclaimed, "Hey, (Y/N)!!". The two boys ruffled my hair while the two girls patted my shoulders. I chuckled and Yumi said, "Let's go to the cafeteria, (Y/N)! I heard there is a new menu today and I'm kinda excited". Patty snickered and said playfully, "You always get excited when it comes to food huh, Yumi?". Yumi looked at Patty and said, "Well, duh! I'm hungry anyway and I can't help think about the delicious food in the cafeteria". The four of us laughed in unison and Yumi was like 'wah?' which is written in her face. I scratched the back of my neck and said, "Okay, shall we get going? I'm starving to be honest". They nodded and the five of us went outside the classroom.

We finally arrive at the cafeteria with my friends and the entire room is filled with aroma of delicious food. I smelled the aroma and thought, 'I wonder what's the menu for today'. We walked inside the cafeteria and tried to find a vacant table for the five of us. We looked left and right then Josh said, "Man, almost every table I see is taken. I guess our timing is impeccable". He's right, I cannot see a single vacant table around. The others were exchanging glances and they pouted slightly. I look around again and suddenly I spotted vacant table at the distance. I gasped and turned to my friends. "Guys! I found a table over there!", I exclaimed. They looked at me and asked, "Really? Where?!". I nodded and pointed at the table. Josh patted my shoulder and rushed to the table before anyone can take it. We smiled and followed him there. When we arrived at the table, we sat down and Yumi said, "Finally! We found a table!". The others sighed in relief and we started getting our lunches one by one.

The five of us finally got our lunches and it's really delicious. I'm having spaghetti and garlic bread with orange juice. Josh and Kazuo is having chicken and rice with mash potato and water. Yumi is having two burger patties with rice and water. And finally, Patty is having shanghai rolls with fried rice and juice. All of us prayed for our food and afterwards, we started eating right away. Yumi squealed and said, "This is really good! I just wish there's an actual burger here. I would totally have that for lunch". We nodded and William pushed up the bridge of his glasses and said, "Although, that will be served by Thursday". Katherine pouted and whined, "Aww...I guess I better wait for Thursday to come so I can eat some burgers". I giggled and continued eating.

While of us are eating our meals Patty turned to me and said, "So, (Y/N). How are you yesterday? The party was fun, right?". I nodded and swallowed my food slowly. "Yeah, it was...awesome unlike my other birthdays because it's full of unexpected moments", I said and smiled. Patty snickered and said, "Really? What unexpected moment though? Come on spill the beans!". She smacked my back lightly and Josh nodded with a smirk. "Yeah, we wanna know too, (Y/N)". They nodded and I was lost in thought. I gulped slightly and thought for a moment. They're giving me those puppy dogs and I can't just ignore it. I sighed with a smile and said, "It's a gift from my father". They mouthed an 'ooohhh' and Kazuo said, "Cool! Did he invent something just for you?". I nodded and replied, "Yup. It's also one of his greatest inventions that he ever made". They nodded with a smile on their faces and Josh said, "I wish we could see it soon". I smiled and said, "Yeah, probably someday". With that, we continued eating our lunches while having our conversation.