Theodora

Let me spin a little story for you. Once upon a time, Poseidon discovered a statue in the Hudson River. Eighteen years ago, actually. He brought it to Olympus, and while Zeus wanted to toss it, Hera took it and breathed life into it. Maybe it's because she knew what was going to happen, or maybe she was just jealous of never being able to have any demigod children of her own. She summoned all the gods and insisted they give the child a gift. Zeus gave her the skies, and Poseidon the sea. Hades the earth, Athena her wisdom. You get the picture. 

Well, Hera wanted her demigod to go and be a demigod, so she dropped her off in Miami of all places to fend for herself. It wasn't until she made it to Camp Half-Blood that Hera explained to Chiron what happened and who she was. 

Well, that baby statue thing is me. 

After I arrived in Camp Half-Blood, I started training. I made friends with some other new campers. Annabeth and Luke. They became my best friends. 

Everything changed when Percy showed up. He and Annabeth went on their quest while Luke and I stayed behind. He started acting super weird. Jumpy, nervous, angry. When Percy came back after successfully returning the Master Bolt, Luke pulled me aside into the woods. He warned me that camp was dangerous for me, that the gods were after me because I was too powerful, that we needed to leave right then. I had my doubts, but then he kissed me on the cheek, and I was hooked. He snuck me out and brought me to his yacht. I remember him asking me to stand on a golden platform. 

And then I was standing in the throne room in Olympus. 

Apparently, Luke had captured me as a gift to Kronos. They were going to harvest all my godly abilities or something. But, it had been three years, and the Titan War was over. Percy and Annabeth were the same age as me. So much changed at camp. And Hera told me who I really was.

But, I made the best of it. Being that I'm not a child of any specific god, I stay in the Big House. I sub in for instructors during training and help Chiron with his activity directing. Teams fight over me for capture the flag. 

I'm also trying to figure out my powers. Mr. D has been helping with that. Well, he's been helping with his gift. I can grow grapes just about anywhere and quite literally turn water into wine, which is kinda cool. I've learned that since I'm not immortal, I can't just go and use my powers willy-nilly. Doing something big like summoning lightning knocks me out sometimes. I mean, the more I practice the easier it gets, but there's so many things I don't even know I can do, it's kind of overwhelming. I've been practicing one thing at a time, but it takes a lot of time. 

My life is pretty nice, all things considered. I'm grateful to Chiron, who watches out for me. I get to spend my days doing basically whatever I want. I'm learning how to drive, and building myself a car in the forges. I'm not a demigod, so I'm allowed to have a cell phone, even though everyone I know doesn't have one so I mostly just use it to listen to music. Life is pretty easy. At least, it was.