darkness in the distance

The next morning, me and my dad drove to set like usual.

We were starting to get into the action scenes today which was super exciting. I had been training with knives the last couple of weeks, so I was excited to finally show off my skills.

When we arrived at set, my dad walked me towards my trailer before going to his. When I went inside mine, I saw that Andi was already starting to set up her brushes and hair tools.

"Good morning!" She said cheerfully.

"Hi Andi! What look are we doing today?" I asked her before plopping down on the chair in front of the vanity.

"Oh, just a simple makeup look and a rope braid!I'm excited for next week though, we get to start doing special effects makeup." She said with a grin.

Andi had told me previously that those were her favorite looks to do, so I was excited for her as well.

After she finished up the look, I got out of the chair and went into the bathroom to change. When I came out, I grabbed a few things to bring to set before saying bye to Andi.

"Bye Andi, see you later!" I told her.

"Oh bye Juliette!" She said.

I started to head out the door before she called my name.

"I actually won't be here when your done filming because im leaving for the beach after I finish packing up, so you'll have to take off your own makeup today." Andi explained to me.

"Oh okay! Have fun at the beach!" I said with a smile before heading out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we finished filming for the day, Walker and I headed back towards our trailers. He was back to acting normal again.

We talked about random stuff from filming before he suddenly changed the topic.

"Hey Jules, can I talk to you about something?" He asked me nervously.

"Yeah of course Walker! What is it?" I asked.

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was upset about something that wasn't your fault and.. I shouldn't have acted so rude to you. So, I'm really sorry.." He said, fidgeting with his hands.

"Oh it's okay Walker, don't worry about it." I said feeling my face start to flush.

"Really?" He said, sounding almost surprised and relieved at the same time.

"Yeah, I'm just glad you're in a better mood today." I said.

We made eye contact and smiled before looking away.

I looked up to find that we had already walked all the way to my trailer.

"Well, I guess this is my stop. Bye Walker!" I said.

"Bye Juliette, see you later." He said.

I walked away from him and up my steps.

I opened the door of my trailer and froze.

"Jules?" Walker asked from behind me.

My throat felt dry like I couldn't speak.

"Jules..? What's wrong?" Walker said, walking up behind me where he saw what I was seeing.

Dozens of paparazzi pictures of me taped to my vanity, except they weren't from the paparazzi, someone else took them. They were me going to dinner, leaving my hotel, and even me going to my trailer this morning.

In the middle of my vanity, scrawled in black sharpie, was the message: "notice me juliette"

I felt like I couldn't breathe. I heard Walker say something to me, but I couldn't even hear what he was saying. It was taking all my energy to try and not have a panic attack.

I heard a distant yelling, but I couldn't look away from my vanity.

I felt numb, violated in a way.

The next few minutes passed by in a blur.

Different crew members came in first, followed by more executives and producers. A few were saying stuff to me, but I had no idea what they were saying.

I tried mumbling back to them, but my breathing was starting to get shaky. I just want to go home.

I was relieved to feel a light tug on my arm and someone pulling me out of the trailer.

I looked up to see my dad with a worried look on his face.

It all started to come crashing down on me in that moment.

I started crying. A lot. I just couldn't stop.

My dad hugged me to try and calm me down, but it was no use. I tried to breathe, but I just couldn't stop sobbing.

After a few minutes, I felt my dad pick me up and bring me to the car.

I don't really know what happened after that. I continued to sob in the car until I fell asleep due to exhaustion.