its been waiting for you

A quiet knocking sound woke me up from my nap. I opened my eyes to see my dad gently opening my door.

"Hey kiddo, they just said we're gonna be landing in a few minutes, so get your stuff ready." My dad said softly with a smile before returning to his seat.

I sat my chair up and groggily put my things in my backpack before buckling my seat belt. After that, I played a game on my phone until the plane had landed.

The flight attendant came by after a few minutes and told us we could go, so I stood up and grabbed my luggage. My dad and I exited the plane and went into the airport.

"Shawn is supposed to be picking us up, so let me just shoot him a text real quick to see if he's here." My dad said taking out his phone.

After a minute or two of us waiting, my dad's phone buzzed.

"Okay he's outside, let's go!" My dad said before giddily grabbing his suitcase and basically running outside to see Shawn. I swear, sometimes I think he forgets that he's a grown man with a wife and kids and not in middle school.

I walked outside after him to find that him and Shawn were already hugging and laughing together. As I walked up to the car, they turned towards me.

"Oh hey Juliette!" Shawn said with a big smile before hugging me.

"Hi Shawn!" I said smiling back while hugging him. My dad and him had gotten super close while filming the Adam Project and Free Guy, so I see him pretty frequently. Shawn is basically like an uncle to me.

My dad put our stuff in the back of Shawn's G Wagon while Shawn and I quickly caught up. After he finished doing that, he joined the conversation too.

Shawn looked down at his watch and frowned. It was almost 3.

"We better get going, we rented out a restaurant for the cast to all have dinner tonight and the reservation is at 5." Shawn informed us.

"Let's go then!" My dad said before opening the back door for me and then getting in the backseat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a long car ride, we finally arrived at the hotel. It was really nice and really close to downtown where we were filming.

After we thanked Shawn for the ride, we checked into our hotel room. It was a two bedroom suite, so me and my dad had separate rooms which is nice.

I love my dad, but sometimes I just need alone time.

I felt gross from the plane ride, so I decided to take a quick shower. After that, I got dressed and did my hair and makeup. My dad said it was a fairly nice restaurant, so I dressed accordingly:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~After I was done getting ready, I sat on the couch in the living room area outside my room and went on instagram

After I was done getting ready, I sat on the couch in the living room area outside my room and went on instagram. I read through and replied to a few comments on my new post until my dad came out of his room and said he was ready to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We arrived at the restaurant after about 10 minutes and made our way inside. We were running a little late, so some of the cast was already there. I didn't really know who else was in the cast except my dad and Walker because my dad and Shawn have been trying to keep it as a surprise.

As the hostess brought us to the giant table everyone was sitting at, I started to recognize some of the people. I recognized Mark Ruffalo and his wife Sunny because they were friends with my parents and I recognized a few producers as well.

I looked towards the end of the table and saw Walker scrolling on his phone with a bored expression. He was wearing a dark blue long sleeve button up and black dress pants.

I looked away and scanned the rest of the table. I didn't really recognize anyone else, so I assumed they were just crew that I didn't know very well and I'd meet them later.

I decided to just sit down, so I went and sat down in the seat across from Walker.

"Oh hey Jules!" He said, looking up from his phone.

"Hey Walker! How long have you been here?" I asked him.

"Not super long, maybe 10 minutes. Why?"

"Oh I don't know, you just looked really bored." I said with a laugh.

Walker laughed back. "Yeah, well there's not exactly a whole lot of people for me to talk to here." He said honestly.

He was right. There were barely anybody under the age of 30, much less our age.

Just then the waitress came over and took our drink orders. We both ordered Shirley Temples.

After she left, we caught up with each other about what we had been doing the last week. We were in the middle of a conversation, when I heard my dads voice from behind us.

"Hey guys, sorry to interrupt, but Juliette there's someone I want to introduce you to." My dad said with a giant grin. I looked behind him to see...

NATALIE

FRICKEN

PORTMAN

My jaw dropped immediately. I stared at her in awe. Padme from Star Wars was basically standing in front of me right now.

She smiled at me warmly.

"Hi I'm Natalie, you must be Juliette! I've heard so much about you!" She said sweetly, extending her hand to me.

My jaw was still on the floor. I heard Walker snicker behind me, which made me realize how much of an idiot I must look like right now. I closed my mouth and smiled back at Natalie.

"Yeah I'm Juliette!" I said before shaking her hand. "Sorry, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I'm kind of freaking out right now..." I confessed to her which made her laugh.

"Yeah, your dad told me." She said with a grin. My dad was silently dying of laughter until I shot him a look and he stopped.

"I have something to confess too, I'm actually a big "The Summer I Turned Pretty" fan as well." Natalie told me.

"Wait really?" I asked her. THE Natalie Portman has watched me on T.V before?

"My daughter and I actually watch it together, it's really good." She said warmly.

"Wow, thank you so much!" I said in awe.

"Of course! Anyway, I better go greet the rest of the cast, but it was great to meet you Juliette. Also, lovely to see you again Walker!" Natalie said with a smile before her and my dad walked away.

I turned back towards Walker and my jaw dropped again. Did that really just happen?!

Walker laughed at my expression.

"How are you still freaking out?" He asked me.

"I just met Padme in real life, how could I NOT be freaking out?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:
Hi guys, thank you so much for reading this chapter! The support and love I've been getting from you guys is insane and I really appreciate it! I'm sorry I've been a little bit slow lately, but we're kinda getting into the action now, so it should start picking up. Also thank you so much for all of the comments recently! I love seeing your guys reactions to certain moments and they're so funny! Anyways, enjoy the book!