chasing that fame

"I have a special announcement to make. Well actually, someone else has an announcement to make."

My dad turned on the TV to reveal Shawn Levy, the director of The Adam Project, sitting at his desk smiling at us. He must have been on a Zoom.

"Hey guys! Can you hear me?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah we can hear you Shawn!" My dad said, mischievously grinning yet again.

"Alright perfect! So you guys may be wondering why I am interrupting your dinner, but I have an announcement to make. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it in person, we're wrapping up filming here." Shawn explained, pausing for dramatic effect.

No wonder him and my dad were such good friends, they both acted like middle school girls who live for drama.

"Anyways...I am very pleased to announce..." he started.

"...that I have been chosen to direct the prequel of the Divergent series!" Shawn exclaimed with a grin.

Everybody showered him with congratulations and clapped and said how proud they were.

I was really excited for him because it sounded like a really cool concept, but I was still confused as to why he was announcing this from a TV in my dining room.

"But I have one more thing to announce.." said Shawn, making everyone go silent again.

"The stars of this new movie will be...

...

...

Juliette and Walker!!"

I was stunned. Did I just hear that right? I looked around the room to find my dad recording me with a giant grin.

"Oh my gosh are you serious?!" I asked Shawn.

"Yeah are you being for real right now right?" asked Walker.

"Yup! Shooting starts on June 10th and the scripts have already been finalized!" Shawn said, laughing at our reactions.

My dad handed two packets to us with our lines.

Walker and I both thanked Shawn before Leena pulled me into a hug.

"Omg Juliette, you're gonna do so great!" Leena said, almost crushing my bones with her hug.

After I hugged her, I got up and gave my dad and mom a hug.

"I'm so proud of you Etta!" My mom exclaimed, kissing my head while looking a little glassy eyed.

"Seriously kiddo, you earned it!" My dad said with a huge smile before pulling me into another hug.

After everyone congratulated us, we sat down and Shawn told us more about the movie.

"The first part of the movie will be shot in Raleigh, North Carolina but after about a month or two we'll be moving around a little bit." I nodded.

"Oh and also I forgot to mention, Ryan you have a small cameo and you will be joining us for the first few weeks in Raleigh."

Everybody cheered while my dad basked in the attention he was receiving.

Shawn continued to talk about the movie and other cast members until he had to get off and go to a dinner with some executives.

That pretty much ended the dinner, so we all started to say our goodbyes. Walker and Leena's family was staying at a hotel down the street for the week, so I wasn't too sad because I knew I'd see Leena again soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exhausted from the day, I took a shower before changing into a cozy sweater and some sleep shorts:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Exhausted from the day, I took a shower before changing into a cozy sweater and some sleep shorts:

After I changed, I laid down in bed and checked my phone.

Instagram: 15 new notifications

Target: 50% off all women's tanks and dog toys

Messages: "your fav cast🙏💖" and "walker"

I did a double take. Walker? What could he want?

I clicked on the notification.
————————————————————————
messages
<- 57
walker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey

hi?

can we talk?

why?

I need to apologize

well it's a bit late for that.

please jules

I just want to explain

im sorry

jules?
————————————————————————
I turned my phone off. Who did he think he was? It's been two years, and he thinks now is the perfect time to apologize?

I heard my phone buzz a few more times but I didn't look at it. I had no interest finding out what his excuses for ignoring me were.

I turned on the Rio movie (don't hate it's actually fire) and watched it for a while until I started to slowly fall asleep.

I was half asleep until I heard a loud noise that woke me up. Assuming it was just from the movie, I lifted my head up and looked at the movie to see that it was already over.

I looked at my clock, it read 11 PM. Did I just imagine that or-

I heard another loud sound again, this time coming from my window. I slowly walked over, terrified that it was a serial killer but also too curious to ignore it.

I slowly pulled back the curtains and peaked my head in the window to see...