chapter twelve • miroh IV

"𝑷𝒐𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏, 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒑, 𝒕𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒖𝒑. 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅, 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔. 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒔, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒖𝒑 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒑 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒓."

{ - Stray Kids, "MIROH"

"Well, well, well. Little Hwang has returned to town after so long?" The man said, "What? Finally gave up on playing Robin Hood?" His tone was taunting.

"Captain Choi San. How long has it been friend? I hear you are up to wicked tricks and supporting a pig of a tyrant I see?" Hyunjin said, looking San up and down, "It's really not a good look on you." Hyunjin was taunting right back and Captain San didn't quite appreciate that as much as Han did. At the sound of Han's stifled laughter, San turned angrily at Han, his eyes turning red. Han recognized that look, it was the same look Minho had all those weeks ago. "What are you laughing at?" His tone went from playful to downright vile, which really revealed how different San was now. San only took a single step toward Han when Han was pulled behind Minho immediately, his eyes looked deadly. "Touch him and you're dead." Han watched as Minho's eyes flashed red for a moment as his jaw clenched. Han put a gentle hand in between Minho's shoulder blades, "Keep yourself calm, Minho. Just breathe." Han whispered. This one action helped Minho calm down again, but he refused to let Han move and Han didn't want to push it so he stayed close and watched from behind the elder. 

"Oh? Prince Minho, what a pleasure!" San said sarcastically. "You seem to favor that little mouse, don't you? Well make sure he knows his place." Minho stiffened again, feeling his anger, but trying his best to keep it at bay. "No. His place is by my side and he's well aware of that. It seems you are the one who doesn't know your place, Captain. Step. Aside." Minho seethed. San's sarcastic smile fell, his anger finding no control. "Not happening, your royal highness. We know you all intend to stage a palace coop." San said, "And we can't let anything happen to our precious king." As he spoke, all the eyes of the other guards in the hallway began to glow red as well and before everyone knew it, they were charging at the rebels. Chan screamed, "Scatter!" and the rebels all split up in four groups and ran in different directions, intentionally splitting up the opposing side as well.  San huffed, but ultimately decided to follow Prince Minho and Han when he noticed not many had gone after them. 

After running and separating from their original crowd, Minho pulled Han into an alcove as their pursuers ran passed without a second glance. "Minho! Minho, you can let me go now." Han struggled a little in Minho's arms, before the prince realized what he was doing. "I-I'm sorry, I just-" But Minho didn't continue, he didn't even look in Han's direction. Han's heart ached for any kind of interaction with the prince at this point so he reached for his hand and held it tightly. "Don't apologize. I promise I'm okay. Let's just go back and find the others." Han was about to continue on with that plan, when Minho pulled him back, hugging him tightly. Han froze, unsure of what to do for a moment before hugging the other back. Han had to admit that it felt so safe to be in Minho's arms again, but that thought he's held himself to resurfaced. He's a prince, Jisung, there's no chance. It broke his heart to push Minho away, to look in his hurt eyes after doing so. "We have to go." Han spoke so quietly, so sadly, it broke Minho's heart even more. Before the prince could say anything, Han turned the corner and headed in the opposite direction of where their pursuers had gone in. When Minho saw that he'd stopped abruptly his curiosity soon grew to rage once he'd spotted who stopped Han in his tracks.

Captain San stood there confidently, his eyes glowing red, smirk on his face, and rapier pointed at Han's throat.