prolog

Mother always did say to stay away from Swan Lake; with waters deeper than any river, dangerous magic afoot, and creatures of unusual sizes and shapes. 

But when I entered the clearing to the lake, I was entranced by the crystal green waters and the sound of silence. The frogs that croaked and the birds chirping in the trees. An old white castle over taken by the shrubbery and old pillars of cracked marble stood directly across from me. The air felt sweet and I couldn't help but wonder who would've said such awful things about this place? 

Suddenly, I was taken aback by the sight of someone beneath the water, what seemed to be a water nymph. I was astounded as they looked exactly as I had imagined when reading about them. Slowly, more joined it to observe me from under the water, some even appearing from nearby trees. 

"Why, Hello there sweet creatures." I greeted gently as I reached my hand out for the first nymph to hold. They hesitated before holding on to my finger with small hands. As quickly as the smile on their face appeared, it was soon gone as they hurried away in fear, causing me to feel confused. 

I wasn't confused for long, however, when a troubling feeling hit me in the stomach. Turning around, I noticed a man who looked to be around my age, hiding in the shadows with a small smile on his face. "H-Hello?" I greeted hesitantly. Without saying a word, however, he took slow agonizing steps towards me as heavy clouds followed to cover the sun. 

Fear coursed through me, everything suddenly felt very wrong. "D-Don't come any closer!" The once bright lake now only seemed to take on shadow and darkness, despite the sun having been shining only seconds ago. I tried to run, but my feet were rooted to the ground, I was paralyzed. The man continued his stroll, finally stopping only a few inches from me, his smile was now bigger and wicked. 

"You wouldn't happen to be Prince Lee Felix .. Would you?"

*** 

Hello! This is my first Stray Kids fanfiction and I'm kind of thrilled about it already. :) I hope ya'll enjoy this twist on swan lake and I hope you're having a good day. <3