chapter three • minho

^ 𝒩𝑜𝓌 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔: 𝒟𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁'𝓈 𝒯𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒮𝑜𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒶 : 𝐵𝓎 𝒢𝒾𝓊𝓈𝑒𝓅𝓅𝑒 𝒯𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝒾 ^

Sometimes...

"Stop right there, don't step any closer or I will shoot." Hyunjin spoke.

Our past comes to haunt us in ways we could never imagine.

"Oh, how funny. Got yourself a bodyguard now, huh Felix?" The man said with a cruel smirk, "Well, he'll be a piece of cake to-"

And sometimes, it takes seeing for yourself who you were and who you are now, to break the spell.

"Minho, stop!!"

***

"Minho! Minho, stop! I'm serious, brother! Mother will be upset if you keep climbing that tree!"

A much younger Felix, barely a pre-teen stood at the base of the giant oak tree that grew in the garden, scowling at his older teenage brother. The older simply smiled and laughed joyfully, "Don't be silly, Felix. Mother would only be upset if I got hurt or if she found out in the first place!" He reached for the next branch, climbing up with ease before turning back to his younger brother. "You wouldn't tell her though, would you?" Felix crossed his arms stubbornly, trying not to show a smile at seeing how happy his brother was. "You're ridiculous, maybe I should tell her.." Felix replied, halfheartedly. His brother always did daring things, even if it put him in danger, but Felix could never find himself upset at that fact. It was more like he felt himself envious; he wishes he had the guts to do something half as daring as the things his brother did. "Oh c'mon Felix, you know you don't have the heart, you love me too much." Minho joked, but Felix knew it was true. He'd never intentionally get his brother in trouble, especially when he smiles so widely despite breaking their mother's rules. Felix sighed out of frustration, "Fine! But next time I won't let you off so easily!"

Minho laughed again, but as he was close to reaching the next branch, his foot slipped from beneath him and his stomach dropped. Felix watched as his brother struggled to catch himself on another branch, holding his breath. Minho somehow maneuvered his feet so he could lower himself to a different branch and sit himself down to catch his shaky breath. Felix released his breath that he didn't realize he was holding, "Lee Minho! Seriously, come back down already before you give me a heart attack!" Felix shouted and finally Minho listened, knowing that his body tired out quicker than his ambition. Though he wanted to continue, he knew his brother was worried and didn't want to make it any worse if he actually fell. Smiling, he made his way down the tree before being swarmed by his brother, who checked for any wounds and pulled him to get his scraped knee checked out by the infirmary nurses. Minho felt no pain in that moment though, knowing his brother cared for him so much, despite the trouble he always caused. 

"Thank you, Felix, I'll be careful next time."

"Sure, and I'll try to believe that, next time."

***

Minho stopped in his tracks as Han stood with his arms out protectively over Felix and the other man, keeping Minho at bay.  It was as if Minho was seeing his brother for the first time in years, the spell he was under shook at the memory. Something about Han defending Felix, brought back memories he was sure had been repressed. "Don't hurt them, you know you don't want to." Han spoke again, seeing Minho's hesitation. Minho, hesitated, something about Han made him hesitate, and it was only making Minho feel lost and confused. "What makes you so sure you know what I want?" Minho spoke after a tense pause. "I know someone else is behind those eyes; that is what makes me so sure." Han responded simply. Minho's anger flared, but before he could charge at Han, Felix pushed the other to the side and let Minho grab his collar instead. "Don't! Your business is with me right? Don't hurt these people."  Felix shouted louder than he intended. Hyunjin was completely flabbergasted on how Felix moved so quickly. As if the confusion completely dissipated with Han out of the way, Minho smiled cruelly and without warning punched Felix straight in the stomach with all his strength, knocking the air from his lungs.