(S:1)Chapter 8: Pancakes!

This chapter is going to be fairly boring I don't have many ideas TwT. Also very quickly, as much as I know y'all want it. No there will be no broppy smut. LOVE YA but no. :P

TW: Boredom.

Poppys eyes slowly fluttered open, where was she? It was still nighttime.

She sat up looking around for a brief moment, Oh my cupcakes..., She thought as realization struck her. She was still in misty Medows with branch, still asleep by her side. They had fallen asleep.

"Branch!" She shook branch's arm to get him to wake. He didn't budge. "Branch!" She called again slightly louder.

Branch lifted his head and called out still half asleep. "What Where's the danger!"

"No- Branch there isn't any danger. We fell asleep." It's really late at night we should go home.

"Huh... Ooh! Crap yeah let's get going." Branch commented rising to his feet. "Okay." Poppy said.

Poppy rose and turned starting to slowly walk in the direction of her pod. Branch walking in the opposite direction to branch's bunker.

"Oh-." He said turning around confused at where poppy was going. Then knew. "Are you going to your pod." He asked.

"Oh-" Poppy stopped and turned around unsure of how to answer. "Y-yeah, I thought..." She paused.

"No- yeah its fine, but I stayed at your place yesterday, I need to shower and change clothes." Branch said rubbing the back of his neck. "So..."

"I understand, don't worry I'll stay at yours tonight. I need a shower too." Poppy said walking towards branch's bunker her back to her original path.

"Poppy." Branch said stopping poppy. "Yeah?" She asked.

"I only have one shower..." Branch commented turning his ears away.

"Okay... and?" Poppy stared at him unknowing what the problem was.

Branch's cheeks went hot. "Poppy, I don't think that's a good idea..." Branch responded covering his lower half of his face.

"What do you me- OH. OH. OH. HHHHH." Poppy covered her ears in front of her face with her hands. "Thats not- I didn't mean- HHHHHHHH!"  Poppy groaned in her hands her ears hot.

"Sorry sorry sorry..." She said quickly walking toward branch's bunker repeating that word over and over.

Branch followed far behind relived and... disappointed. BRANCH.

"UgHHh." He groaned out loud. "Way to make her feel comfortable Branch." He scolded himself His footsteps following poppy's making his way to his bunker.

___At the bunker___

"Poppy, do you need anything? Tea? A snack?" He asked, trying to make up for his previous words.

"NO! Nope nope perfectly fine!" Poppy squeaked. "I'm going to go shower." Poppy said quickly trying to leave the conversation still flustered. "Wait-" Branch began, poppy had already left. "I wanted to shower first..." Branch huffed and walked to his and poppy's bedroom.

He hummed to himself as he heard the shower run. What if... NO!, His mind wondered once more. "Bad branch! Bad branch!" He softly hit his head shaking it. He picked up a book to take his mind off... other matters.

__Short time skip__

Poppy turned off the shower and stepped out wrapping a towel around her hair and other around herself. She wiped off the fogged over mirror and stared at her reflection. For her seemed like an eternity, about 2 minutes she just stared at herself. She sighed wrapping her arms around her stomach, feeling it starting to ache. "Hm..."