(S:1)Chapter 3: traitor

The crowd was silent, you could hear a hair drop.

The troll who spoke was not spotted, attendees to the ceremony looked around to see who had spoke.

To no avail, no troll was spotted.

"Who said that!" Branch took his hands away from poppy, stepping forward to look for the troll who had interrupted his big day.  No answer.

Until

A bush shook. Everyone's gaze turned to the unnaturally quivering shrub.

"Show yourself!" Peppy spoke with a low intimidating tone.

Everyone in attendance practically stood on their chairs to see who appeared out of the busch. Unblinkingly, the previous king called out again. "Who dares disturbs my daughter's wedding!"

A lilac trolls foot can be seen stepping out from the busch. The rest of there body soon followed.

Poppy's soft eyes widened with absolute horror.

Could it be?
She thought to herself

That's impossible!
Her mind rushed with many questions and thoughts, her eyes went fuzzy.

"Creek!"  She called to her old friend, tears forming in her eyes.

Over 10 years ago he had betrayed trolls village by selling them out to a not so nice bergan who wanted them dead. They defeated the two by catching them aflame. She thought creek had passed along with the bergan.

Her mind began to wonder in a matter of seconds. If he lived on, did the bergan? Are they planning a way to get their revenge on the trolls? Why had creek come? Why did he object to her wedding?

Poppy was about o rush down the tall steps to greet her old friend who she had forgiven for his crimes. (I like to think poppy is that type of person who gives people way more then 1 chance)

She huffed to a stop as she felt a strong sturdy hand block her way.

"Branch what are y-" She began before being interrupted by her (almost) husband.

"Carful, you don't know his intentions. He is a traitor and just INTERRUPTED OUT WEDDING!" Branch spoke softly but sternly.

"You right. Sorry." She paused and took a step back, knowing that she trusted people to easily and one day could cause her harm.

Branch cupped poppy's cheek and pecked her forehead, turning to creek and hopping down the steps to meet him eye level about 6 feet away.

"Why have you come." Branch spoke his voice low and bold.

Creek huffed and stood up straight his injury's now visible. "I... I have come to.." He paused looking around at horrified faces of his former peers around him. Every eye on him as if he was a circus performer.

He hung is head and took calming breaths clearing his mind of unhelpful thoughts.

They mustn't know my true meaning, i would hate to cause poppy embarrassment.
He thought before lifting his head once more and speaking with confidence his words still slurred.

"I have come because i am in search of help, as you see i am badly wounded, sick, and suffering. I have come to my senses i know that what i did was wrong and i never should have betrayed my family like i have."
He paused taking a breath before continuing his speach.

"I am asking trolls village if they have it in there heart to forgive me for my past actions."

Creek for down on his bruised knees and held out his hands pleading for forgiveness.

Poppy's heart called out for creek and unwanted pity rose up from her chest. "Oh my..."

She held her heart and hopped down the steps rushing to stand before creek, branch missing his opportunity to stop her.

"Poppy wait-" Branch called.

"Creek. As queen of-" Poppy started

"Queen? You're the queen? Poppy that's wonderful! What a fantastic queen you are!" Creek smiled proud of his 'friend'

"I- Why yes... I am." She answered.

"As i was saying, as queen of trolls Village, This troll was a traitor in the past, we do not know if he is a traitor now. He will be held for his crimes and possibly forgive in trolls society. I trial will be held." She held her head high finishing her statement.

"Any who have concerns please-" Interrupted once more.

"Poppy! Are you serious!" Branch retorted pulling poppy back softly.

"Yes, he has always been a good troll and deserves somewhat of redemption-" She explained before, you guessed it, being cut off.

"I don't trust him. He helped chef capture all of the trolls to be eaten!" Branch argued.

"Okay, i know-" Poppy began. Her mind racing with other times he couldn't have been trusted.

"He is only here because he needs help. Always so greedy, not thinking about other trolls needs." Branches head turned to look at creek.

"Yes probably, he is very hurt, and branch he only-" Poppy explained herself before being cut off by branch once more.

"Plus he lo-" Branch began.

"I SWARE TO THE CLOUDS ABOVE IF YOU INTERRUPT ME ONE MORE CAKING TIME I WILL TAKE YOUE TONGUE!" Poppy snapped.

Branches held up his hands and closed his mouth, shocked and proud at poppy's volume. 

"Of course, i apologize continue." He bowed his head.

"Thank you." Poppy said, calming herself.

"Now, as i was explaining. That incident happened around almost 10 years ago. In that sort of time a troll could always change and come to their senses." Poppy went on not believing her own words.

"Creek, your wounds seem harsh and infectious, i'll have someone take you to dr. Moonbloom right away. Then you will be held in the fundom for now." She half smiled at creek, hopefully for him to leave faster then she hoped.

A few trolls helped creek up onto his feet walking with him as they walk in the direction of the dr. pod.

"Now, where were we." Poppy turned to branch taking his hands.

"I think we left off with the last few words." Branch answered.

They both walked back up the steps, branch helping poppy on her way up, not to rip her dress. As they got to the top they looked up at the wedder as if to say they could countinue.

The wedder had a sickly looked in their face as they stood there not speaking a word.

"Excuse me, Barry (the wedder) could you countinue please?" Poppy said.

"Yes we are running behind schedule." branch retorted, implying about the moment the jsut had with creek.

"So... about that." Barry began.

"What. What's wrong?" Poppy looked concerned and confused no completely understanding why the wedder was not saying the last sentence they needed to be officially married.

Impatient as poppy is and was, she was considering doing it herself.

"Is there a problem?" Branch stepped in.

"Afraid so..." Berry said bracing himself.

"Well what is it? What's going on exactly?" Poppy cocked her brow and stared at the wedder waiting for an answer.

"So... " Betty started.

"Ante it up!" Branch snapped slightly.

"Ah! Sence there was an objection you two cannot be wed in this day!" Berry yelled out quickly to not catch there reactions mid way.

"WHAT!" Poppy screamed.

I don't actually know if that's real or not, i feel like i heard it somewhere but DRAMA so we are going with it! Please suggest my story to others! I hope you like it!! Thanks!!💕💕😘