(S:1)Chapter 6: Dreams

Heyyy! I'm going to start doing this (before the story) text to give a warning for any triggers.

TW: Slight gore, Swearing and mention of death

"Who did this to you?" Branch growled.

Poppy drew back in slight shock from his key change. 

"I-..." She started, pausing and thinking to herself. I don't want to worry him. I can't worry him. I am the queen. I'll be fine. 

"No one- Nothing!" Poppy answered quick thinkgly.

Branch did not believe her. "Don't protect the troll." He snapped back, not angry at her but whomever made her this way. "They do not deserve protection." Her added.

"No! No! I fell!" Poppy tried again, she was a terrible liar. 

"Poppy!" Branch couldn't contain his anger for the troll. "Who." 

"I... can't tell you." Poppy whispered, her voice weak. 

Branch was taken back, She can't tell her own husband?, He thought. His heart sunk and he didn't realize the deeper meaning behind it.

"Why not?" He said his voice still stern.

Poppy whimpered, her lower lip quivering about to cry by branches tone. He  is angry at me. I ruined everything., She covered her face with her hands, sobbing quietly into them her chest jerking at the beat of her sobs. 

Branch fixed his face, looking at poppy like he had just made a child cry. He acted quickly and pushed his anger down. Turning his attention to poppy to get her to stop crying.

"Poppy..." He said sweetly. "I'm sorry flower." He leaned closer to poppy cupping his hands around her cheeks, making her looked at him. "I'm not angry at you flower." He cooed kissing her forehead ever so softly. Poppy's tear stained face smiled and let branch carry her head leaning over to kiss his palm. "You're so cute!" He commented when poppy did that.

"Do you feel better now?" Branch smiled. 

"Yes. Much better." She smiled back but after saying her answer she lowered her head her eyes darkened. 

"Poppy... It's okay. Everything is okay now, im here and I'll protect you." Branch said seeing poppy's face shallow. "I wont ask you who did this. But i will always protect you. I swear this will never happen again." Branch promised. 

"Ever?" Poppy asked

"Ever." He responded.

____Time skip____

"I can walk on my own branch." Poppy complained, branch had his arm around poppy's waist, her arm around his neck him holding it in place. "I know i know, but you could still be dizzy, i don't want you to fall." Branch worried like a mother.

"Okay okay, whatever you say dr. branch." Poppy teased. Branch rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

They headed for branches pod before poppy stopped him. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"I want to go to my pod." Poppy told him. "Oh... okay yeah that's fine. Though most of your clothes are at my- our place." Branch said back trying to rationalize. "Yeah, I know, but I just would like to be in the comfort of my own home for a little, it calms me." Poppy explained to branch.