14. ⌘ Moving On

It was early in the morning when Stiles drug Wanda out of the bed. Shewas very reluctant to go, especially since the last time he wanted to surprise her by taking her to an unknown location.

This time they took the car, driving for hours until they pulled off onto a dirt road. The trees grew thicker until they came to a wide clearing and stone sign sitting before a metal gate. Wanda sat up in her seat when she read the sign. "Cemetery? What are we doing at a cemetery?" She looked over to Stiles as he stopped the car.

"Moving on," he told her with a small grin. "Come on." Stiles reached into the backseat and pulled out a bouquet of flowers before exiting the car.

Wanda slowly breathed in and exhaled as she opened the car door. She stepped out, glancing over hundreds of headstones before shutting the door. Stiles reached out for her hand and took it, leading her down the pathway.

A few minutes later, he stopped and held out the bouquet to Wanda. "Here. You should say goodbye alone." He handed her the flowers and left to give her some privacy, but she quickly pulled him back.

"Stay? Please," Wanda softly pleaded, and he replied with a silent nod. They approached the three headstones. She let go of Stiles' hand, placing a few flowers in front of each one. "I don't really know what to say." She whispered, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I love you, and I miss you so much. I just wish that we had more time together. Just know that you all made me feel loved and happy," a tear ran down her face. "You all made me into who I am today. But being a superhero will never amount to being a daughter and sister." Wanda reached out, trailing her fingers over the engraving.

'You will always be in our hearts.' Was inscribed on the three headstones, always reminding Wanda that her family will never be forgotten.

"I'm ready to leave," Wanda stepped back after a moment of silence, wiping the tears from her face.

"Are you sure?" Stiles looked over to her, concern shining in his eyes.

She turned towards him, "Yeah, I'm sure." A smile tugged at her lips.

Stiles nodded, taking her hand again. As they got closer to the car, he glanced over at Wanda. "Are you okay?

"Yeah," Wanda nodded, feeling a sort of relief and happiness she hasn't had in a while. "I think I'm gonna be okay."