01. ⌘ Eyes Like A Car Crash

It was pouring down rain when Stiles arrived at the new Avengers facility. Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff stood side by side behind the glass door, arms crossed in front of their chest.

The driver parked the car as close as possible to the door, letting Stiles out of the car. Stiles shrugged the strap of his bag over his shoulder and walked through the rain.

Steve opened the door and let the young Stilinski inside. "We appreciate you coming here," Steve nodded.

"No problem," Stiles handed off his bag to an assistant that stood nearby to take his stuff to his room. "I still don't know why I was called here exactly." He ran his fingers through his wet hair and brushed off the rain drops on his jacket.

Steve and Natasha shared a look before motioning Stiles to follow them. The corridors were mainly empty, besides the few guards that took the night shift. Stiles followed the two heroes to a hallway that led to double doors made with metal. At the far end, the lights were flickering and two guards stood ready with a large gun in their hands.

"Anyone else getting the horror film vibe where the killer goes after the defenseless human first?" Stiles commented waving his hands down towards the hallway.

Natasha rolled her eyes, "Let's go, mini Stark." She walked down the hall fearlessly, her heels clicking on the tile.

Steve gripped Stiles' shoulder, leading him after Natasha. "Don't worry, you'll be safe with us."

Stiles tilted his head to the side slightly, "Oh that's comforting." They reached the end of the hall and Natasha opened the door, revealing a wide room with a glass cage in the middle of it. "You built another Hulk cage?" He wondered aloud.

Natasha sighed sadly at the mention of Banner. "This time, we're not holding the Hulk in here." She walked towards the panel and flipped on the lights above the unlit cage.

Stiles blinked when the bright lights turned on. "Oh," he walked further inside the room. Within the glass cage was a girl sitting silently in the middle, her legs tucked under her and eyes closed. Floating around her were blocks of woods with a red hue surrounding them.

"Wanda?" Steve called out, walking to the door of the cage. "We called in someone to help you."

Stiles stood a few feet behind Steve, watching as the girl didn't move or open her eyes. "I don't need help," Wanda spoke calmly, her Sokovian accent ringing through the air.

"His name is Stiles. He's Tony's nephew and he's dealt with things like this before," Natasha told her from behind the panel she stood behind.

"I definitely don't need help from a Stark. And who would name their child 'Stiles'?" Wanda questioned with her eyes closed.

"Well technically Stiles is a nickname." The young Stilinski spoke for the first time to Wanda. "And for what ever my uncle did, I'm sorry."

The blocks floating about her dropped to the floor with a loud thud, "I don't think you can apologize for the death of my family," she rose from the ground slowly. "And don't forget to mention that he indirectly initiated my brother's death when he created Ultron."

Stiles turned to Steve with a raised brow, "He actually created an AI?"

"Yeah," Steve scratched his neck, "Turned out that it wanted to destroy the world."

"I missed a lot," Stiles nodded slowly, taking in all of the information.

Steve nodded, "Now, you're here. We need you to help Wanda stabilize her powers again."

"I'm assuming you're out of control because of you brother's death." Stiles wondered, stepping directly in front of Wanda and crouched down before her.

Wanda did not respond. She stared at him and tried to control her emotions, but Stiles could see the broken look in her eyes.

"You lost your anchor."