King Peppy

Branch had been sick for a few days now and he was extremely concerned.

So he would be staying with Branch for the day as his other three kids went off to play.

Unfortunately, Viva would have to carry Branch tommorow, since they plan to escape tommorow.

He can't even imagine how poor little Branch is gonna feel tommorow...

But he can't think about that right now, Branch is crying again.

He sighed as he got up and walked into Branch's room, he sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed his back, "Hey little man, what's wrong?"

Branch whimpered, "Tummy.."

King Peppy nodded, feeling terrible for the little guy, normally he would insist on being treated like a, 'big boy' and Branch considered words like, 'Tummy' to be a, 'little kid word' so to hear him saying it like that just showed how sick he was.

"Alright, buddy..do you want some medicine?"

Branch whined and rolled over, "No..." he whimpered, sounding like he was about to cry even louder.

King Peppy bit his lip, trying to calm Branch before he started wailing, "Okay, okay, no medicine! How about...do you want some warm milk in your sippy?" He asked.

Branch thought about it and then nodded.

King Peppy smiled and got up, "I'll be right back, okay?"

Branch nodded again.

King Peppy left the room to go fill up Branch's sippy cup.

He got started on it when Viva walked in, getting herself a glass of water, "Daddy, will I have to carry Branch tommorow?"

King Peppy sighed and kneeled down as the milk warmed up, "Yes, Viva..are you okay with that?"

Viva drank her water and nodded quickly, "Mhm! Just wanted to make sure!"

Then she ran off and the milk was finished.

King Peppy smiled at his most hyper child and grabbed the sippy cup, walking back into Branch's room.

He sat on the edge of the bed again and gave him the sippy cup, "Here you go, buddy...there you go..nice and easy, that's it..." he cooed.

As Branch drank the milk, his eyes drooped and he relaxed.

King Peppy smiled and rubbed his head, "Shhh, shhh, shhh..sleep my baby..sleep..." he whispered.

After a few more minutes, the milk was gone and Branch was asleep.

He sighed and stood up, taking the sippy cup with him.

He saw his three older children at the table, waiting for supper.

He smiled at them and got started, "Viva, dear, would you like Branch to be asleep tommorow?"

Viva nodded, "Yeah, I don't want the baby to get sick on me, or to get scared!" She said.

King Peppy nodded, "Okay, Creek and Poppy, both of you also need to watch out for Branch, okay? He might wake up and freak out, so keep an eye on your little brother."

Creek and Poppy nodded, "Of course we will!" They said in unison, making Viva giggle.

King Peppy smiled at them and gave them their dinner.

Then he cleaned out Branch's sippy cup and went to go get some sleeping medicine.

He poured the milk into Branch's sippy cup and dropped the pills in and put it in the fridge, he would warm up and stir the milk tommorow morning before they left so Branch could drink it.