SOMEHOW MAKING THINGS BETTER | 005

Start from the beginning

"You're going to look so pretty." Willow says, the two of them waiting in line.

"Of course I am."

"That's the spirit!" Willow exclaims, pulling her sister into a side hug that she didn't pull away from.

"Have you talked to Tete Jean?" Iris asks, glancing up at her sister.

Willow shakes her head, "I have this week but not today."

"Don't forget her birthday is tomorrow." Iris states, causing Willow to snicker.

"I'm her favorite niece, how could I forget?"

"I'm her favorite niece."

"In the olden days."

"Be quiet."

Willow just laughs, placing the dress down on the counter once they finally get to the cashier.

"How are you?" She asks, looking at the cashier.

"Good, how are you?"

Willow just nods her head, "Good."

She moved out of the way so Iris could pay for the dress as they began to leave.

"Eula's coming to pick us up." Willow comments,

Iris nods her head, "Okay."

"Want some ice cream?" Willow asks,

"Of course." Iris says, the two of them heading towards the food court.

"Do you want Jimmy's ice cream?" Willow asks, already heading towards Jimmy's.

"Doesn't seem like I have much of a choice." Iris responds,

"You don't really. I'm paying for it."

The sisters got their ice cream before they sat down, getting a bite in.

"So, how has school been?" Willow asks,

"It's been good. I plan on joining a dance group like Marcel." Iris claims, peeking Willow's interests.

"You want to be a dancer?" She asks,

"Yes, I think so." Iris says, "You and I both know how I struggled with figuring out what to do with my life." She says,

"And I don't know, at first I wanted to focus on a money oriented career because I grew up struggling, I didn't want to continue that." She says, those words breaking Willow's heart. She would be devastated if Iris ever did that when she fought and continued to fight for her to do the opposite.

"And I know you chose that."

"I didn't choose physical therapy for the money."

Iris looked at Willow with an unserious expression, "You sure about that?"

"Yes, physical therapy will be helpful with money in the long run but I chose it because it was what I loved to do. When I volunteered at hospitals during high school, I loved every second of it. It made me feel happy that I could bring smiles to people's faces, relieve them of their pain and I was sad I had to give it up."

"Why did you have to give it up?"

"Volunteering doesn't give you money and we needed money so I just chose something else."

"Oh, I didn't know about that."

Willow waves it off, "It is what it is. I'm glad I did it. I helped my family." She said, "Regardless, I love physical therapy and what we have to do and I'm sorry you had to even consider choosing a career that made you money. I did my best to make sure you wouldn't even have to worry about money."