Part 1- Chapter XIII: Aftermath

Alhaitham's POV

I got nervous. Kaveh was cooking again today.

"What are you making?"

"Curry."

"I see..."

"What, don't you love curry? I thought you did," he turned his head. 

"No... it's nothing," I answered. Not this again.

He told me to come and eat. I felt better, honestly, but I still feel a tingle of regret from what had happened. 

"Hey... eat up now. There is no need to worry about me, and please, forgive yourself. Don't... don't be so harsh," he smiled, taking my hands. 

I fetched my spoon, and scooped up a spoonful of curry, and it melted in my mouth. The umami and the savoury taste of the meat and sauce was heavenly. 

"It's good!" 

"I know right?" he laughed, and gave me the biggest thumbs up.

It was so good to see him so happy again, and it was really my greatest pleasure. 

Kaveh's POV

He looks better now, and I do feel better. 

He enjoys my curry so much and I was so glad to see him enjoy the things I make. It was curry, the thing that I do the best of all. He has a pretty face, especially when he eats. He hides his little smile and enjoys his meal, while I continue looking at him from beneath my eyelids, as if I was looking at him from a distance. 

He does look down, maybe from what had happened just now, and he was all red and on the verge of crying. I soothed him, and now, I'm back to being a motherly figure again.

But most importantly, I am his lover, and he is mine.