Part 1- Chapter I : Problems

Kaveh's POV

"I know I'm not the most optimistic person, I know I am not the best, but why is life so hard for me? I don't understand the fact that I have to endure the most, and never get anything I want. I never wanted to get bankrupt. I never wanted my mother to leave me. I never get what I desire. Why are the Archons so hard on me?"

I sighed of this thought as quickly as I could. Why do you think that? I told myself. It's pointless to complain so much. I shifted in my seat, and concentrated myself back onto my new project, hopefully I'd be able to pay off my debt...

Again, a great thought. But would it really happen, with all these things happening all at once?

Alhaitham's POV

"Not a problem, Soral. Thanks for the information. I'll be taking care of this tomorrow."

"Thank you for listening, Acting Grand Sage. I'll be off then. Have a good day!"

I fixed up my papers and tidied my desk for the day. You might say, "Oh you're so lucky to be an Acting Grand Sage. It's such a great honor!"

My answer would be: Pathetic.

I never wanted any of this. As many of the people in the Akedemiya hope to get their hands on the throne of the Grand Sage, I kind of kept away from it. I stayed quiet and solemn as a Scribe when other researchers touted and showed off their works. Getting chosen wasn't as planned after the Fall (*Note: Please refer to the game: Archon Quest - Chapter 3).

I slid from my seat and left the office. Hopefully my roommate wouldn't be hammering ferociously in the house...