Part 1- Chapter II : Thought

Alhaitham's POV

Sometimes a single wrong thought can ruin your whole relationship with a person.

I got home, and the hammering noises were itching my ears. It was normal for me, but I wasn't really sure why I got frustrated. Maybe because of my heavy workload? I don't know.

I took out my keys rashly, unlocked the door, and went straight to his room. I... threw a tantrum, a useless and unexplainable tantrum I had never ever gotten into before.

"Kaveh! What's wrong with you heaving and hammering so much? It's damaging my eardrums!"

"Haitham, I didn't put any more energy into this project. It's just the regular noise! When you get me as a roommate, you have to understand that he is an architect!" he shot back.

"Ugh, fine! Can you understand that I have more problems than you do? You're just bankrupt. If you work harder, you can pay off your debt! Me? I didn't even want to be the Acting Grand Sage, for fuck's sake! And now with the heavy workload, do you think I can endure every moment of your useless hammering and just get some rest?!" I shouted.

Then came a sudden silence. And I realized that I had given him all my own pressure. Why was I like this? Well, part of me didn't care. But a part of me came itching, I wanted to apologize, but that's just not me.

I decided to leave that thought for later. I went to eat dinner and cleaned myself.

Kaveh's POV

I don't understand him. Why is he so arrogant? He only cares about his so-called 'pressure' and 'wellbeing'. Ugh. I'm so done.

But nonetheless, that is that. If I continue to live here, he is my landlord, and his orders are law. Enduring his temper and arrogance is a part of my daily life. Perhaps, a change in myself would help. Perhaps, I shouldn't care about him so much.

I should have thought sooner. That'll save me from my mental damage.