Part 1- Chapter X (i): Confrontation

Kaveh's POV

The ship is here... And it's time for me to leave. I looked back at the amazing landscape of Sumeru, I had to resist the urge to cry. if I leave, I would've left all my memories behind, and that... would be a waste...

I cried, I cried hard...

I looked at the views once more, as I boarded the ship...

"Kaveh! Kaveh!!!!"

I hear someone calling for me.

Alhaitham's POV

I called for him, as hard as I can. I had to, even though it harmed me and... and it hurt my vocal chords.

"Kaveh! Kaveh!!!!! Come back!!!"

He shot me a glare, and left without a word. 

I catched up with him, barged into the ship and caught up to him.

"Kaveh, Kaveh..." i huffed, "Stay... Don't leave..."

He just rolled his eyes, and shot, "Why do I have to? I can leave as I want, it's not that you want me here anyway." 

"In fact, you definitely wished that I was gone. Don't you?" 

I stayed asolutely silent, questioning and judging and blaming myself. It's what I have done, I deserved it... I definitely do. 

I wanted his love, but I never worked for it, I take everything for granted. He resented me, and I had neglected and annoyed him. I had given him a place to stay, and I thought it was enough. I thought a room, a house was enough. I never considered how his father was dead when he was 10, and his mother left him when he was 15, and lost all his money to pursue his dream. He had amazing talent, and was often praised as a "priodigy" of architecture, but they, just like me, neglected his feelings, his emotions, his inner self... 

I feel guilty, absolutely guilty, as if I don't deserve to be here, and I don't deserve the love he gave me.