S2 Chapter 10: Welcome to Beacon

(If you enjoy listening to music while reading these chapters then I heavily recommend slower paced songs like: Need 2 by pinegrove, Duk koo kim by Sun Kil Moon, Yellow by Coldplay, and Nodding Off by Narrow Head. Or listen to the music of your choice, it's all up to you. Anyways enjoy this chapter.)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Deep inside Beacon Tower......(please don't.)

Ozpin:.....hm he's a little later than usual.

(After a few more minutes a tall man with a fake hand walks through the door)

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin: Hello, General.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities. (Both approach and shake hands as Glynda also approaches.) It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James! (Gives a wave and then, for some reason, she talks normal.) I'll be outside.

(She walks away.)

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin: (he turns to his desk.) So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? (He picks up a mug and a kettle, he begins to pour something into the cup as he speaks.) Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival. (He turns around and offers the cup to Ironwood.)

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year. (He takes out a canteen from the inside of his coat pocket and pours the contents into his mug.) Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up.

Ozpin: (he sits down and pours himself some coffee.) I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.

Ozpin: (He takes a drink and sets down his mug.) We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: Need I remind you that you're harboring a child of......grandchild of I guess I should say. And you can't possibly think that I'm taking things too far. And if what Qrow said is true.....

Ozpin: I understand your concern Ironwood, but you must think I have somewhat of an understanding of what I'm doing. (Ironwood stays quiet) I can confidently say that, that child is far different from his father. Maybe too different, he's much more alike to his uncle. But in the sense of power and anger, then maybe they aren't too different.

Ironwood: But Oz you can't be certain that-

Ozpin: And If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. (Ozpin emphasizes this as he holds up his finger.) It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can.

Ironwood: Believe me, I am. (Ironwood then turns and walks away. He then suddenly stops near the door and looks back at Ozpin.) But ask yourself this: Do you honestly believe your children can win a war? (He turns and continues on his way to the exit.)

Ozpin: Im not so sure but......with Him it makes all the difference. He's a child dealt with a terrible fate yet he's defied most things that most couldn't. I wouldn't put it past him to defy his own destiny once again.
_________________________________
With Team RWBY, JNPR and Y/n!