Chapter 19

Celeste Point Of View

“What else would you like to eat El? I heard the chef cooked one of his famous specialties today” Caspian asked suddenly making me flinch a bit.

I give him a gentle smile.

Caspian might seem cold all the time but he's really nice. Hindi nga lang siya yung tipo ng tao na mahilig magpakita ng mga nararamdaman niya.

“I’m already full. Thank you for the kind offer tho.”I refused politely. I even rubbed my hands on my abdomen to show him that I was already full.

He stared at me for a while before nodding his head. I sighed. Buti naman naniwala siya. Mahirap na, mukha pa namang mga walking lie detector ang mga tao dito.

“What gift do you want Celeste?” Dad asked while wiping the side of his lips using a clean tissue.

I stopped for a while and thought of something I really wanted to have. I honestly got everything I always wanted so, I don't think I nee–

Freedom.

I mean it would be nice to have my freedom back. But,

“What is it dear?” This time the one who asked me was no other than my grandfather.

Sasabihin ko ba? But, what if magalit siya. Nothing less they did ask me what I want. But is it really okay.

“Come on dear don't hesitate. What is it?” grandpa encourage.

I roamed my eyes around the room and noticed that everybody was already staring at me, waiting for my answer.

“If I tell you what I want would you really give to me?” I asked.

“Of course darling. We will give you everything you want. I mean common is that even a question.” He added.

“Then, if I wish that you give me my freedom back would you also give it to me?” I asked carefully.

The whole room instantly became quite. Not a single sound was heard. I gaze at the man sitting like a king in front of me. His purple eyes were now in a dark shade of purple. Hindi rin nakaiwas sa paningin ko ang pag higpit ng hawak niya sa kutsarang nasa kanang kamay niya.

I'm dead. Definitely.’

“Celeste, we've talk about this didn't we?” he said softly but those eyes tells me otherwise.

“I know but, you asked me what I want right. So, of course I told you because grandpa said you would give everything I wanted and that's what I wa–”

“Enough!, We both know where this conversation is gonna end Celeste. You can ask anything you want but that.” He uttered aloud. He didn't even let me finished my sentence.

I stared back at him, shock and hurt. I felt a tear made it out of my eyes but I didn't bother wiping it. This was the first time he raised his voice at me. There are times that we had a minor fight but he never raised his tone while talking to me.

I saw him froze in his spot. His eyes begin to soften. He looked at me with regret and pain.

“Celeste, I, I didn't mean it darling. It was not my intention to shout. I'm sorry darling, I'm sorry.” He stuttered trying his hardest to touch me. I slapped his hands and wipe my tears away.

I didn't utter anything. Up until now I was still speechless.

Ganun na ba talaga kahirap ibigay ang hiling ko?.