Hair Trouble

A few days had passed since the storm and Nettle had spent her time making a new tent, using the materials she had saved up for making the new tent. It had taken a long time and she even had to go out to collect more materials but the job had been done, she took out the old tent and built the new one as she moved everything into the new tent. She used the chance to inspect all of her food and supplies, it seemed that she was running out of a few medicinal berries and leeks.

Before going out to collect the medical supplies she needed, she would first need to finish the job she was currently doing. Nettle grabbed a pile of boxes and took them inside the new tent, placing them on the floor before organizing them to where they were supposed to be. With the job finished Nettle let out a tired sigh, today was going to be a very tiring day wasn’t it?

She took a bag and slung it over her shoulder before making her way outside and went deeper into the forest, looking for the materials she had been lacking in her tent. Nettle grabbed a few plants with medicinal properties alongside a few berries, leeks… Che checked her bag to see what she had and Nettle was glad to see that it was now filled with all of the medicinal materials that she had been searching for, she let out a satisfied huff as she made her way back.

Her ear flickered as she heard a sound nearby, she tensed up and kept her guard, prepared to attack whatever was coming. The bushes from behind her started ruffling and shuffling, Nettle braced herself for whatever was coming out until she witnessed a certain troll being thrown out of them. John Dory fell down and rolled on the ground as he quickly stood up, his machete in hand looking behind before he noticed Nettle nearby.

“Oh, uh…” his tail had gone from being tense to happily flickering “Nettle!”

She looked at him with confusion “What’s going on?!”

“Bird. Big bird” he explained as he prepared for the bird to come back “I was collecting some food when it swooped down and tried to eat me”

To prove his point the bird appeared as it flew down where both trolls were located, it really was a big bird, bigger than any other normal sized bird which were already bigger than a troll. The feathered creature stared down at both trolls as each eye looked at one troll, clearly glad that it had now found even more food after chasing after JD. The bird let out a screech as it tried to attack Nettle with its beak.

Nettle had quickly noticed the attention that the bird had placed on her and jumped away, rolling on the ground as she avoided the incoming attack. The bird tried to attack once again but was stopped by John as he whipped the creature with his hair, the bird let out a few pained whimpers by each whip of the hair. The bird turned to go after JD with a furious screech, Nettle used the chance to run after the bird as fast as she could.

She used her hair to grab a branch and push herself upwards as she jumped at the bird, kicking it on its back with her leg as the creature screeched and tried to reach for her while John Dory ran under it and used his machete to slice at the bird's legs. The creature whined as it took a few steps back and flapped its wings, both trolls were once again at each side of the bird. John and Nettle immediately started using their hair to attack as they each gave a whip at the bird.

The creature started to back away as it let out a few whines of pain, both trolls kept attacking the bird with their hair. The two were about to throw their hair onto the bird’s neck but the beast had jumped away and started running as it flew away from the fight, with the bird out of Nettle’s and JD’s range their hair landed on the other’s and connected. Their hair tangled onto each other as both of them pulled and ended up stumbling onto each other.