Building and Falling

Traversing through the forest, Nettle tried to find the perfect spot to set up one of her traps. She could try to go after any of the other creatures to hunt them down but it made it much easier to simply have something do her job, that way once the trap was up Nettle could do anything from collecting other food, materials or finding new places around the area. She had enough food for a few days but she would much rather get everything ready than find herself in a panic as she tried to get a meal.

She knew of a good place where she could start up, an area close to a river where all kinds of critters would go to drink water or eat the berries of the bushes to accompany it with a good nap under the warm sun. Once Nettle was near to the area she looked around to find the perfect spot, she found a small space hidden well enough and with the sufficient space to set up the trap.

Nettle took off her bag as she rummaged through it to take out some of the materials for the trap, she had to take another look at it before she let out a tired sigh. She would have to go out and grab a few stones and cut off some vines to tie them up into the perfect rope for the trap, at least she had all the plans for what she had to do and all of the other essentials.

Before going out to collect what she needed, Nettle marked all of the essential places where she would have to build the trap's base. She either marked the spots with a scratch, some chalk or by already placing some of the wooden stakes that she would later tie onto a rope once she got one. With that done she dusted her hands off and took her bag as she made her way to gather the stones and vines she needed.

Finding what she needed hadn't been difficult, Nettle had easily found the stones on her way and easily checked if they were good enough for the trap and then to grab the vines she needed by just climbing up a few of the trees and taking the ones that would work for the trap. With the last vine finally gathered, Nettle jumped off the tree she was sitting on and to the ground and made sure to check she had everything, which indeed she had.

With all of that finished she was about to make her way back to where she had been setting up the trap, Nettle took a few steps forward before stopping herself abruptly when she noticed a cloud of dust appear blocking her path. Right in front of her was the familiar armadillo bus, Rhonda, from that other troll she had met before. The creature seemed glad to meet her as she got closer to her, she took her tongue out and tried to lick her. She grimaces.

"Nope, no, thank you," Nettle got away from the tongue as her anxiety rose. She doesn't like it, Rhonda didn't seem to get the message as she got closer and tried to lick her again, "Isn't John Dory with you?"

And as if saying his name summoned him, John Dory came running after Rhonda, "There you are, Rhonda! Don't run off like that!" The troll stopped by the side of his companion as he gave her a few pats before finally noticing Nettle "Oh–! Hi, Nettle! I didn't see you there."

"Don't let her lick me." Nettle demanded as she grabbed her things off the ground and started to leave.

"Rhonda doesn't mean any harm when she does it!" John tried to explain, "I think," he murmured the last part to himself before he rushed to follow her, "Anyway, where are you going? Rhonda and I are looking for a river to grab some water."

Nettle sighed as the other two kept following her, "Going to be setting up a trap."

"Oh! I could help you" he suggested and Nettle looked at him with a raised brow in confusion "You know, as repayment for helping me out last time."

"No," she answered.

"Come on!" He insisted.

"No"

"It'll be fun!"