Sweet Mornings

The game had been going very well, the two had probably spent the entire day playing different card games. They weren't really keeping count on how much they were playing or which ones each one of them was winning, well, at least Nettle wasn't the one keeping count. She was pretty sure that John Dory was counting every single one of his victories, his tail always twitching with excitement whenever he won a match as his usual goofy smile went across his face.

The two had spent a long time distracted with the game, Nettle didn't know for how long she had lost count. The previously loud rain and thunder that could be heard outside had been reduced to the quiet sound of the rain, it was... calming. She looked down at her cards, ready to pick one for her next move, but she was so... tired. Her eyes felt heavy, eyelids falling down as Nettle was about to pick a card for her next move.

Her hand hovered over the deck as she started to lean more onto the couch, she needed to make her next move but she was so tired. Nettle just needed one moment to let her eyes close, even if it was just for a second and after that she would be back to playing. In the second she closed her eyes, Nettle immediately fell asleep as her body fully leaned on the couch and her hand with the cards fell down.

JD was looking at his cards as he waited for Nettle to make her next move, the other troll was taking a while, maybe she forgot it was her turn? "Hey, Nettle–" John's gaze went from his cards to Nettle as he noticed she had fallen asleep "–Oh"

It made sense that Nettle had fallen asleep, the two had spent hours playing with the cards and the rain did make quite the relaxing sound. John Dory started gathering all of the cards as he carefully took away the ones in Nettle's hands, he shuffled the cards before putting them back into the pack and onto the drawer with the other games. Thank goodness he had these games saved for any moment he felt bored, he wouldn't have known what to do or tell Nettle.

John looked back at the other troll, now that he wasn't trying to hide it JD could feel his entire face blushing at the sight of Nettle. Her beautiful dark green hair that was currently brushing against the couch, Nettle's strong build body seemed to be finally relaxed now that she didn't have to keep her guard up. JD sighed as he pulled a piece of paper out of his hair, the same one in which he had been writing the song.

He reread the song once more before folding it and placing it back in his hair. He needed to find a better place to hide the paper instead of leaving it out in the open. John silently walked up to Nettle as he carefully moved her onto a much more comfortable position, he wouldn't be able to carry her onto his bed since he would probably just end up falling down the ladder but he could at least keep her warm. John Dory took out a pillow and blanket as he draped the blanket around her and then placed the pillow under her head.

With that job finished up JD went to his bed, climbing up the ladder and getting inside his bed as he started to fall asleep. As he fell asleep his mind went back to every memory of what had happened today, keeping every little detail close to him. From the smug looks she gave him whenever she was about to win, to her shocked expression and her beautiful laughter.

-

Nettle woke up, she sat up and started rubbing her eyes before quickly realizing she hadn't gone back to her tent which meant... Nettle looked at her surroundings as she noticed that she was still inside of Rhonda, she must have fallen asleep in the middle of one of their games. John Dory had to have given her the blanket and pillow when she was sleeping, which was nice of him to do. Nettle stood up from the sofa as she took the blanket and folded it before leaving it on top of the pillow.

She started walking towards the door as she was ready to leave the armadillo bus, John's snoring could be heard inside of the entire vehicle. Nettle was ready to leave the other troll alone, he had already helped her out with the storm like he wanted. If she stayed longer her presence would just become a bother, Nettle got closer to the door as she was ready to leave until she noticed the lack of JD's snoring.