Issue 33: The Iron Owl

Start from the beginning

The woman then landed, striking a superhero pose afterwards before walking over to her. "You've been fighting too much. Look, I'm not a supervillain nor was I hired by this guy who hates you...although after that punch, I might consider working for him!" She said, crossing her arms.

Spider-Witch stood up straight. "O-oh my gosh, I am so sorry!!! I thought you were a supervillain!!!"

"Do I look like a supervillain?" The woman asked, gesturing to herself. "I mean, c'mon, what villain would look this good in a suit of battle armor?"

Spider-Witch blinked before she shrugged.

"...anyway, I just came to talk." The woman said. "What's your name?"

"Spider-Witch. I've been on the news a few times."

"No, I mean your real name." The woman said.

"Secret identity. And I'm really struggling to keep that." Spider-Witch replied. "And I don't even know you, lady! Plus, you're wearing the same mask as Golden Goblin! The guy who was mind controlled into trying to kill me!"

The woman tilted her head before pointing at her mask. "This? This is a family thin- Okay, that's for later." She said before she eventually took off her helmet...revealing a woman in her 40's with pale skin, golden eyes, rather fabulous gray hair, and...pointy elf-like ears. "The name's Eda."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened at the sight of her before she walked over. "Whoa...cool pointy ears!"

"...you don't have 'em?"

"No?"

Eda snorted. "And you call yourself Spider-Witch."

"H-hey! I call myself that because I can do magic!" Spider-Witch said. "How else am I able to do all this stuff with next to no explanation?"

"Okay, you're clearly not from home." Eda muttered to herself before she set her helmet aside. "But for your information, your magic does have an explanation. I should know. I know where it comes from."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened again. "Wait...really? You...you aren't trying to trick me?"

Eda shook her head. "Wouldn't have a whole lot to gain from tricking you, kid...speaking of..."

She then grabbed Spider-Witch's mask and tore it off.

Luz yelped and quickly took it back. "HEY!"

"Relax! Relax!" Eda laughed. "Has no one tried that?"

Luz huffed, making a pouty face. "No, the bad guys aren't usually interested and most people learn because I'm not careful enough."

"See, that's why I don't bother with the secret identity thing." Eda said. "...plus, I really can't come up with a cool hero name if I ever decided to use this thing to fight crime."

Luz then put her mask back on since it was still possible someone could see her. "So...your name's Eda and you know about my powers? Where they came from? Is that why you wanted to talk with me...?"

"Yeah, I know it seems a bit hard to believe, but ya see these?" Eda said as she gestured to her ears. "Witches have these. Legitimate witches."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened. "Wait, wait...witches? Like...real witches?! Magic witches!?" She exclaimed, wanting to fangirl.

"Yyyup." Eda said. "And your powers come from our realm...if ya follow me back to my humble abode, I can tell ya the rest."

"...and this isn't a trap?"

"If it was, I highly doubt I'd be able to keep ya, kid...you got a name by the way? I've seen your face and all, and I don't plan on telling anybody...not that the average person would know some high schooler."

Spider-Witch was silent for a bit before she sighed. "My name's Luz. It's nice to meet you, Eda. I honestly kinda like your sass."

Eda smirked a bit at that before she grabbed her helmet and put it back on. "Thanks, kid. Follow me if you wanna do some learning."

She then jumped off the building...only for large mechanical wings to come out of her suit's back and help her get further into the air before the energy came blasting out from her hands and feet again as the wings retracted and she started flying through the city.

Spider-Witch leapt off into the city and then she began swinging after Eda. "You've got mechanical wings and you don't fly with them?!"

"Yeah, the wings are just for show." Eda shrugged. "Lily said they're impractical, but I said to her: 'So what?! They're freakin' cool!'"

"They are cool!!! Think of all the dramatic poses you can strike with them!"

"FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!"