Chapter 3

A/n: I'm sorry for not using Your POV more often. I'm more used to using Third person povs. Now onto the story. 

-Third-person POV-

'Why did I use that name?!' Sonic thought embarrassed as you rubbed his back attempting to comfort him. 

"They were highly recommended. It's not easy to organize all the books and scrolls in the castle." Darren said truthfully to the King and Queen. Kaze leaned down and eyed his brother. 

"Of course. But tell me, what happened to the last ones you hired?" 

"Let's just say they have done a horrible job. As for the rest, you don't want to know." Darren answered as he looked away with a slight blush of embarrassment. Now Standing, Kaze announced a welcome to The Teen Hedgehogs. 

"Well. On behalf of Cosium, I welcome you to the castle." Sapphire walked up and leaned down to Shadow's height squinting her eyes she asked; "Although you all look familiar... Are you sure we've never met before?" Darren placed his hands on her shoulders and faced her towards the door, which was where they entered. 

"Uh... I'm sure you must've seen them somewhere else. Now if you'll excuse me, we have work to do." 

"Oh good, and right after that you could give them a tour around here," Kaze said as he was also being pushed towards the door. 

"Yes, yes, whatever. Well, have a nice day!" Darren Says hurriedly then slams the door closed.

 "What is the name of Cosmos is wrong with him?" Kaze asked no one in particular. 

"Well, you know Darren. He can get a little stressed out sometimes. Be glad that he decided to get himself some companions since... You know." Sapphire said answering her husband. Kaze sighed. 

"Eliza..." he said, saying the name of His brother's missing wife sadly. 

"At least I can see those four are already are already keeping him busy." 

"I guess you're right." Kaze chuckled at his wife's words.

 "Want to see if Mother and Benonic have arrived? They should be home soon." Kaze asked as he held out his arm in an arch for his wife. 

"You know I am more than happy to do anything as long as it's with you," Sapphire responded as she and Kaze walked off arms linked. 

(a/n: god, I love these two.) 

"Boy, that was a close one." Trails said as Darren let out a long breath, sliding to the floor and holding his head. 

"YOU THINK?!" The male hedgehogs yelled at him as they hit Trail's head. Hard, Causing a bump to form. You sighed and head patted his head, then walked to Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. 

"Well, now that problem is solved....." Trails said holding his head in pain, also fake crying.

 "Dude, what's with the mask?" Sonic said reaching for the mask Shadow had on. 

"Shut up!" Shadow hit Sonic's hand. You exhaled angrily before pinching their ears again, shutting them up once again. 

"Ouch, ouch, ouch! Y/n, let go!" Sonic whined. Your pinches did hurt, you had been training with Knuckles for a long time. So you can imagine how hard your grip is. You let go, while Silvers's sweat dropped at the fiasco that just happened. 

"Not solved at all, my boy. My alter-memory magic can only hold them for who knows how long, depending on their wills and not to mention those around them." 

"You mean...Grandmother Athena?" Trails asked Darren. 

"Oh no, Mother is not a problem. She's just coming back from visiting another kingdom, remember? No, I'm talking about someone far perceptive." 

"You mean...him?" "Who else?" 

"But wasn't he with Grandmother Athena as well?" Trails asked nervously. 

"Yes, but you know him...He may have been away from Cosium, but that doesn't mean he's not sensitive to his surroundings.

"Darren, Rubbed his head in annoyance as he continued speaking. 

"He will notice the little ones missing very soon. In other words, he will ask one of us before long." Trails gulped. You were now Pinching Sonics And Shadow's ears again since they started fighting once more. All four of you now questioning what and who Darren was talking about. 

"My eldest brother...Benonic The Hedgehog."

 The assassin of Cosium, Benonic The Hedgehog, has appeared! Why are Darren and Trails afraid of him? Will he discover The identities of our heroes or not? What kind of secrets lie in the past? While Cosium has the present Sonic, Silver, Shadow, and Y/n, Where are the past Sonic, Silver, Shadow, and Y/n? Stay tuned for the Connected story arc: Children's play 

(its out now :D)