Chapter Four

Sirius had to repress a laugh as he read Remus' rant about his owl, his laugh faded the further he read. Once he got to the end of the letter, his chest felt lighter. Remus had accepted his request to meet up, he was willing to hear him out! "Paddy!" Sirius glanced sideways to where Harry was reaching for the very owl, Remus' letter ranted about. He swiftly snatched him up and away from the owl before it could nip his fingers, "It's Padfoot, Harry. P-A-D-F-O-O-T."

Sirius chuckled when Harry's face showed his confusion, his cheeks puffing up adorably. "Paddy!" Sirius' eye twitched, "Come on, Prongslet.."

Harry's giggle quickly got Sirius smiling again as he carried him to the kitchen.

During Harry's 4th birthday, Sirius realized he needed help. They couldn't keep moving from apartment to apartment, it had started affecting Harry negatively.

Harry had recently started displaying distress from their constant moving, crying randomly when he couldn't find a room that had been in their last apartment. Some nights he'd wake up and feel lost at the new surroundings, he'd cry and cry—and Sirius couldn't take it. It broke his heart every time he head those cries.

So Sirius had contacted Remus a little earlier than he had planned to, But Harry was worth admitting defeat. And he was over the moon when Remus accepted the arrangement to meet after the upcoming full moon. He, like Remus, needed his friend. He needed his Moony, his nightlight when no other stars were around to light up the sky.

Sirius had loved all of his friends, dearly. But his love for Remus had been a little different. Back in his school days, Sirius had been a playboy, yet the only person he had ever slept with was Remus. "Paddy!!" Sirius shook his head, shifting his focus back to his godson, "Alright Prongslet, time for lunch. Let's not get mashed peas everywhere this time, yeah?"