✰ 39: the jedi they were waiting for

Start from the beginning

Akya shook her head. "I think we should just get out of here."

"Well, easily done. Here's the exit." Anakin reached over to press the button that would open the lift in front of them, but Akya stopped him.

"Anakin, wait."

"What?" he said, taking his hand away from the control panel.

"What if this is all a trap?" she said. "What if they wanted to lead us to the lift, let us think that we could get out, and then when that door opens, we find a battalion of battle droids? Or... or Dooku is waiting for us? Or those droids that kidnapped us? The same ones that kidnapped me on Agamar?"

Anakin's features softened. "It's the same model that kidnapped you on Agamar?" he asked.

"Yes. Maybe we should take the stairs or something. Try and call for help."

"All the comms are jammed," he said. "And Akya, you're a Jedi, remember? You'll be ready if anything comes out of that elevator. I'll press the button, alright? You keep your saber ignited."

"Okay," she said. She turned on the blue plasma blade and stood ready for whatever, if anything, stepped out of the elevator.

Anakin took a step toward the control panel and pressed the button. Everything seemed fine until the door had opened wide enough to allow one of the tall droids to walk through. He had a large, electric staff. Akya's eyes went wide when she saw it. It jumped toward her and used its staff to give her a quick shock, then knocked her saber right out of her hands. Akya hadn't even tried to defend herself. She was too busy backing away.

Once her lightsaber had been tossed aside, the droid grabbed her by the neck and held her against the wall. She gasped for air, scratching fruitlessly at its cold, metal fingers until someone came from behind and cut it in half. The droid let go of Akya, then fell to the ground with a clang, and the light faded from its eyes.

Akya sat on the ground, breathing heavily while she clasped her neck. Anakin retracted his blade and knelt down next to her.

"Are you okay?" he said.

Akya nodded.

"Why didn't you fight back?" he asked. He grabbed her lightsaber from the floor beside them and handed it to her. She hooked it onto her belt.

"I don't know," she said. She didn't look her husband in the eyes. "I told you it would be there," she continued. "It was waiting for us."

"I'm always going to protect you, Akya, alright?" he said, moving closer to her and putting his arm around his wife. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, because I love you. I need you to know that."

Akya turned to look at him. "I love you, too."

Anakin smiled. "Can you stand?"

"Yeah," she said, getting up. He offered his hand and she took it, even if it wasn't necessary. Anakin stopped before he let her into the elevator, peering behind the side walls to make sure nothing was hiding in the corners. There wasn't, and so, he let her inside.

"What floor?" she asked him.

"One seems promising," he shrugged, pressing the button.

"What floor are we on now?"

"Uhh..." Anakin paused a moment to look at the buttons. "B. Cell block B."

"One it is, I suppose." They were already going up, anyway.

"Do you think we're still on Kisorix?" he asked.

"Definitely," she said. She knew. She just did.

"How are you so sure?"

"Obi-Wan's nearby," she said. "I can feel him. It's strong. He's not in trouble, or anything, but I feel his presence." She didn't think he knew they were gone... but they were close. Were they in one of the Kisorixian prisons? They had to be, right?

"You're much more connected to him than I ever was," said Ani, turning his head to look at her. She looked at him.

"He's like a father to me," she said with a small shrug. "And he's a good teacher."

"Do you think Ahsoka feels the same way about me?" he asked.

"Why?" Akya chuckled. "A little self conscious about how you teach?"

"No," he said. "It's just... I don't know. Do you think I'm a good teacher?"

"I think you're a great teacher," she said, taking a step in front of him. He was forced to look her in the eyes. "And I know for a fact Ahsoka thinks so too. Though, if anything, you're more like an annoying older brother to her."

"Ha, ha," Anakin said sarcastically. There was a moment of silence before they both came to the realization that they were unsure what the elevator door would open up to.

"Ani, why do you think our cell door just opened? Seriously."

"It has to be some kind of trap," he said. "That droid can't have been it."

"Set by who?"

"The Separatists?" he said. "To stop us destroying their superweapon?"

"That's what makes the most sense," she said. "But they've got to have someone on the inside."

"What makes you say that?"

"If we're in a prison on Kisorix, there had to be someone with the authorization to put us in here," she said. "They wouldn't just let some guy tell them we invaded his ship. We're very obviously Jedi."

"I guess you're right," he shrugged. The elevator dinged as it stopped, and the small screen to the right of the door read 1 in Aurebesh numbers.

"You agree something is definitely waiting for us outside that door, right?" She could feel it. She didn't know if it was battalions of droids or some single, powerful thing, but through the Force, she felt like she was being single-handedly overtaken by an entire army. Everything in her body told her not to let that door open— but it happened anyway.

She and Anakin only saw two figures standing in front of them, however. Count Dooku, and next to him, standing tall and mighty, the Senator of Kisorix, Rylan Ke'eefs.

"Akya Sagral," greeted the Sith Lord, his voice low.  She didn't like the smile that was on his face.  "And Anakin Skywalker.  Just the two Jedi I was waiting for."

a.n.:

hi!!! extra chapter because i just couldn't leave you on that other cliffhanger anymore. (i say as if this isn't another cliffhanger)

this is fun. so much fun. these are some good chapters. 

don't forget to vote!!

molly