29. A small improvement

Start from the beginning

He tried to look around some more and see what the snow covered before, but he was too late and they went inside the building.

He saw the twin standing in front and saw that its tail was a lot bigger, but it looked to be a bit transparent, so it was just puffed up.

He was let go and immediatly, the twin started talking quite a lot, but at that moment, he was more focused on getting away from the monkeys, that were already getting riled up from him being there.

He managed to get away and go into his room, where he was a bit surprised by changes once again, as the weights and a new, smaller mirror were back again.

He was curious as to why this was the case, but he was going to take the chance to fix up his appearance in case it was taken away again.

He took out the puzzle and finally had the chance to exercise, which took a while, but he was left alone for quite a while, so he completed it and was left a bit tired.

He grabbed the puzzle once again and tried to solve it, but didn't have any luck, though he did manage to advance a bit, but he got stuck, since he had to move the little doors in specific orders, move the string through different paths at the same time, and more.

He was interrupted as Tonuk walked into the room, and though he did manage to just barely hide the maze, Tonuk then proceeded to sit down in front of him and reach for the puzzle, nudging him to give it.

He passed it, annoyed that it would probably get taken away, but before that happened, Tonuk then proceeded to start playing around with the puzzle as well, showing him how to solve it.

He watched as it used its claws to move the string, which looked ridiculously small in its hands.

Tonuk quickly solved it, to his surprise, and then put it back to its starting spot and passed it back to him, again surprising him quite a bit.

He managed to get a bit farther this time, but forgot the rest of the solution and got stuck once again, but before he could continue trying to solve it, Tonuk tapped its claws on it and said a word he couldn't quite hear.

Tonuk repeated and finally, he heard it say "Fero", which he repeated, though after a bit of trying to make his voice lower to match Tonuk, he gave up and just said it in a normal tone.

Tonuk looked around and pulled his bed out of the cage, tapping it and saying "Um!o", which he struggled a bit to say, but managed.

This continued for a while, eventually walking out of the room to find more things to learn.

This went until his voice started to hurt and break, since he had gotten more unused to speaking than he though, or he could be sick.

Still, he managed to learn how to say a lot of things, and even though it was just nouns for now, maybe he could learn how to actually speak their language.

He thought back on yesterday, remembering how sad he felt, and though he knew there was probably nothing he could do about being treated like an animal, maybe he could at least get explanations about different things.

He started sulking once again as Tonuk went on to go to the twin, who he learnt was called "Tegnuc", or something like that.

He was fairly happy with his progress, but still, he had to stop since his voice hurt, but he didn't know how to tell Tonuk this, but at least it seemed to stop after hearing it hack after trying to repeat a word.

Though he didn't notice that he had gone into the monkey room, and by the time he noticed, he was surrounded once again.

At least this time, it didn't seem to be on purpose, as the monkeys mostly weren't paying attention to him, other than two that he just barely saw had thrown a ball to him.

He managed to dodge it and saw as the two monkeys seemed to laugh and started tossing another ball among themselves.

The previous ball rolled back to him and so, he tossed it back to the monkey, who just barely managed to catch it, jumping to stop it from touching the floor.

The monkeys tossed the ball back to him and he was suddenly stuck playing with the monkeys, it was fairly fun having to juggle the toys though, and it seemed like they were probably peaceful.

Eventually, Ri went into the room, somehow juggling like 6 plates on its arms, all filled with food.

He saw as every single monkey, without fail, ran over to eat, with some stumbling into him and almost falling, but they managed to catch themselves just before touching the floor.

He went over to see what was served, only to see once again, the floor roots from before, which he was invited to eat as well by one of the monkeys, who was passing him some of the food.

He wanted to put it back, but was blocked by the swarm of monkeys covering all the plates.

He was left holding the roots for quite a long time as he waited for the monkeys to be done eating.

One of the monkeys turned around with a handful of roots, which it then started to somehow peel easily, then simply holding the root in the air before then eating it.

He was very confused about this until he noticed that as the monkey repeated this, the brown root turned green, at which point the monkey ate it.

He was a bit curious as to if this changed how it tasted, mostly because of just how excited the monkeys were, and so, trying to ignore the fact that this was probably stepped on, he tried it.

He managed to open the root, finding out that it had a sort of, opening, which made it very easy to open, he swished it around in the air, and ate it.