Revival

A/N - I apologise for the update spam, I’m aiming to finish this story by this week!

-_-_-_-

“What is this place?” Athena Sakamaki frowned as she stared at the crimson liquid which smothered the hut’s filthy walls. Her husband knelt beside his brother’s unresponsive body, irritated as he carefully stitched the wound in Shu’s torso.

“I suppose a hideout,” Reiji replied to his wife, his voice sharp. “We should have been on our way home.”

“My gut feeling was right.” Athena said, “I am just glad we got here in time.”

“I would hardly say we were on time, Dear.” Reiji replied, “My brother is on Death’s Door. Whatever attacked him is long gone, positive he is dead… or on its way back. I am begging you, Athena, go home.”

“I am not leaving you,” scowled the auburn haired woman, “besides, I need you by my side.”

“I’ve decided, we are going to take Shu home.”

“We cannot. He came here for a reason.”

“And he can come back, once he has recovered.”

“And what of Miss Clarke?”

“Miss Clarke is a human, she is bound to die sometime soon.. If she isn’t already dead.”

“This hut reeks of her, I am far from hopeful.” Athena then said, “If she isn’t yet dead, she will be soon.”

“With this amount of blood,” said Reiji, placing his needle back into his briefcase, “she will be dead.”

“Yes.” Athena nodded solemnly. “How is he?”

“I’m fine.” Grumbled Shu, causing the woman’s eyebrow to raise. “When did you get here?”

“We have been staying in a nearby inn,” Reiji explained as he stood, brushing off his trousers and adjusting his glasses, “Athena had a feeling you would need us.”

“I need to go.”

“You need to rest. You’re one wrong movement away from death.” Reiji scowled as he lifted his briefcase. “You are coming home with us.”

“I am not.” Shu winced as he stood himself up, buttoning his shirt up as he did so. “I need to go.”

“Miss Clarke is already dead.” Athena said gently, offering a small smile, “there is no saving her.”

“I need to save her body.” Growled Shu, dragging a hand through his curls. “How long has it been?”

“The night has passed,” Reiji informed, “the day is rising, we, however, are still weak.”

“I don’t care.” Shu staggered towards the hut’s door. “How far are we to the town centre?”

“Not too far.”

Shu shut the door behind him, leaving the more responsible adults to share a brief glance.

“You let him go,” said Athena.

“I, too, would save your body from danger.” Was all he replied with.

-_-_-_-

The Undertaker had been dressing his bride when the candlelight diminished, leaving him in pitch darkness. The man had stiffened, looking anxiously around as a thin figure swept past the open window.

“You said you’d killed him!” The man shrieked as Uma’s hand clasped over his mouth. “Why did I find him, alive?”

“I-I killed him!” Cried Undertaker when Uma released him, shoving him into the table where his corpse bride lay.