1.03 Master Manipulator

I was walking, or more so semi hobbling, down the main road of town. I decided to walk to one of Fanny's favorite stores in town. It is large on perfume products. I need more bottles.

"Lady Kimberley." I heard. I looked up to see Jack approaching me. I blinked a few times, confused as he spun me around, leading me in the opposite way -- my arm now threaded through his. "Please let me escort you." he added semi-loudly. I looked at him. Last time I saw him, yesterday, he was such an arse. Now he wants to escort me? And in the wrong direction?

I looked back to see someone had been following him. I glanced at him before looking forward. "Are we going to talk about the enormous man pursuing you?" I asked him. Jack looked at me. "Er, no. Not now." he said. I just looked between him and the road ahead of him, doing my best to not wobble. I do not need him to know that I have acid burn. I do not want to get yelled at.

I nodded at what he said. "Right. I've had a breakthrough with the acid." I told him. "Clearly. Look, your dress is dissolving." he replied as he looked over me. I stopped walking, taking my arm from his. I reached down and patted on my dress. I hissed quietly. I hit the burn. "Oh." I mumbled through gritted teeth.

I felt Jack's hand on my back before his other came to my shoulder. He made me stand up strait. "And you're hurt." he said, giving me a once over again. "Here, come on." he said before pulling me into the ally.

We walked about half way down the ally before he pushed me into the wall. He instantly squatted down and grabbed the edge of my dress skirt. Jack froze in spot, not actually lifting it up at all just yet. "Sorry, is this all right?" he asked me, looking me in my eyes. "I don't see how else you'd fix it." I mumbled. Besides, it won't be the first time he has seen my legs. He undressed me for bed just the other night, he saw almost all of me.

Jack lifted the hem of my skirt, bringing it to above my knees. He looked up at me and so I leaned forward a little just to grab it. Jack then moved my shorts a little higher, my socks a little lower. He pulled something out of his pocket. It seemed to be a small leather satchel type thing that contained a few viles. He pulled one from it -- it appears to be fill with some sort paste. A salve for chemical burn, or some type of burn. I watched as he took the quark lid off and gathered some on his fingers.

I took a sharp inhale of breath when Jack's finger touched the acid burn. I leaned my head back against the wall. He is being so gentle, and barely even touching it, yet it hurts like hell. I looked back down to see Jack is still placing the ointment on the burn. Once he was done he blew on it lightly. Such sweet relief.

Jack glanced to the main road, his attention drawn to something. I looked, and it is the man who had been following him. I looked back at Jack to see him looking at the burn once more. "Jack-" I said softly. He just blew on the burn once again. I watched as he leaned forward ever so slightly, kissing just above the burn. My eyes widened. I was not expecting that. It felt... so go. It only brings me back to my dream from nights ago. I cannot think about this now, not with him so close. "I know how to stop it burning." I told him, attempting to change the subject within my mind. Slowly, he stood, grabbing my hand and making me drop my skirt.

Jack tilted my head up -- keeping his hand on my cheek. "You burned yourself" he said. He almost seemed to be scolding me. "Jack, I figured out how to stop the burning" I repeated. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "You can test it on Charlie when it's ready. I trust you." he said. I licked my lips lightly. Now he trusts me? Did I have to burn myself with acid to get his trust? Really? "Why did you burn yourself, Kim? Why?" he asked, his thumb running back and forth under my eye.

"I- I thought I had it. But I just -I needed to be sure for Charlie. I clearly did not have it" I mumbled. Jack leaned forward, resting the side of his head on mine. "Your hat is going to fall off" I whispered to him. He just kissed my temple. "I need a favor" he said making me laugh lightly. "You were an arse to me yesterday, and now you want me to do something for you?" I asked him. Jack sighed lightly. "Please, darling. I will do whatever you want to make it up later, but I cannot if I am in jail" he said softly making my eyes go wide.